In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Its possible that it just has an issue...have you ever tried to adjust the carb?
    Even if it runs fine, Startron still acts as a fuel stabilizer/ethanol treatment...I'm not a big additive guy either, other than fuel stabilizer, but Startron has gained my respect...I've used the gas and diesel formula's both, and both with good results.

2. Horkn

Horkn

I didn't, but I dropped it at my buddy's house recently and he got it to run again. No idea what he did

3. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Over cast day with rain threatening but I almost got the garden all dug and sieved. I didn't have enough energy to go out after dinner and finish it. It will be there tomorrow. Headed down to the sewing room to work on a project for a neighbour.

4. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

We saw 78F today. Beautiful day out on the boat. Its supposed to cool off overnight here as well. I'm gonna need to double time it and get the rest of my split wood stacked in the next 36 hours before I start cutting more wood to bring home.

5. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

It got up to 80°f today. We’re able to grill some ribeyes and eat on the deck. There will be a temp change starting tomorrow. 20° off the highs and going down to 33° lows for a few nights in a row. After the 80°day today I’m actually hoping for some lower temps.

6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Kiddo up too late still working out the effect of an ice cream bar too late too. Loud, busy, running, I hear a thud and an immediate shout of "I'm okay" ,sing,laugh, sing, laugh, laugh then more run run. Ummm. Ya, welcome to Covid days. I'm just so Blessed she is who she is though her life is inside out, little trooper she is!!!!! On to maracas, go for it kiddo, spread you joy around some more and you can sleep in. Again :emb:

ETA, singing/improvising within the whole time.

7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I've been having charlie horses in the arch of my foot along with hammer toe while sleeping :confused: It wakes me up so I stand to stop the charlie in my arch and also manually bend down the toe which works most the time. Stupid Sclero.

8. Loon

Loon

Hey whoa Hey! Why's the virus thread closed if your still up ww? :rofl: :lol:

See ya tomorrow. :coldone:

9. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Humbly self-aware
    By Pastor Mark Jeske

Satan just cannot abide Christians walking peacefully and happily along the middle of the road of our lives. He will either try to shove us or shame us or intimidate us into sliding off into the ditch of insecurity, despair, and depression on one side. Or he will lure and flatter and entice us into the other ditch where smugness, arrogance, and pride rule. He loves it when we attempt to make ourselves look bigger by making other people look smaller.

“Gnôthi sautón,” said the ancient Greeks. “Know yourself.” Easy to say; hard to do. How can we cut through the fog of Satan’s lies and the fever dreams of our sick culture and our own strong tendency to self-deception and actually accurately assess ourselves? “By the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you” (Romans 12:3).

God has given us several important gifts in self-understanding. One is his Word and the faith in our hearts that listens to and trusts that Word. The Bible is a corrective word when we are wrong and weak and a commending word when we are aligned with God’s ways. Another is our family. Who better has the confidence to tell us when we’re out of line?

You generally can’t go wrong when you make other people feel important.

bogieb, Chvymn99, Midwinter and 7 others like this.
  10. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Heart stopping moment this morning. this site is now available!!!! About to go into withdrawal and FHC pops up. whew. Temps down near freezing this morning as it is pretty clear out. I don't think we got much rain last night. didn't make the sewing room last night. got sidetracked by a puzzle. It is only 500 pieces but it isn't the easiest thing to do. a lot of fuzzy details that could be anything.

I have to go to the office this morning and work. guess I will have to get showered and dressed for that. no sloughing around in whatever comes to hand to wear.

11. lukem

lukem

We've been talking about remodelling one bedroom and bathroom and making a master suite for years. Today was the day we started. Going to be a big project...taking everything down to studs and subfloor....100% all new everything.... but I could use some indoor work over the summer when it's too hot outside.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  12. moresnow

moresnow

Brought home a couple battery powered toys yesterday. String trimmer and a hedge trimmer. Cheapy Black and Decker stuff from my local True Value family owned store. If its gas powered and it isn't fuel injected I am looking for alternative options! Had enough of carburetors. Next week I will be Prius shopping:rofl: :lol:

savemoney, bogieb, Chvymn99 and 9 others like this.
  13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Oh no. Those are about the worst. I've suffered with cramps since polio got me but as I age, they are getting worse and I was told they just turn into charlie horse as we age. That is not good news at all and for sure in the last 4 or 5 years they are getting worse with me. Arch of foot, calf and thigh. Will bring tears to your eyes when they get so bad.

It is terrible we can no longer get quinine as that takes care of cramps but they took it off the market. Doctor told me to start taking bededryl every night and it does help. The other is Leg Cramps made by Hyland's. Put 2 under the tongue when the cramps start and it definitely helps. Good part too is that they are not expensive.

bogieb, Chvymn99, Midwinter and 6 others like this.
  14. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

We were talking over the weekend and both of us are really sad. We have been accustomed to seeing deer every day for many years and many of them aren't scared of us either. But last fall our only close neighbor bought his boys atv's. He already had one so now there are three of them. Mostly atv's do not bother me but these all have tuned exhaust so are super loud. Thy do not own much land so their runs are short. Still, going one direction they stop maybe 3-5 times so they can take off again making it really loud.

The consequence is that most of the deer have gone further away. I know of two cases where people come out here to hunt near us but they said last year was the worst year they've ever had. Well, through the winter we saw fewer and fewer deer but as spring came on, the atv riding took front seat again. I believe it has now been at least 3 weeks since I've seen a deer here and very, very few tracks. Even where I worked up a food plot, very few deer have crossed. But, nothing we can do but we surely do miss our deer.

savemoney, bogieb, Chvymn99 and 7 others like this.
  15. yooperdave

yooperdave

Spent the weekend at the cottage and got the water hooked up! :yes:

Also, replaced a section of fascia board that the woodpeckers liked just a little too much....along with the 1 1/2" drip edge board on the fascia. Added some rolled roofing to the roof and did some patching of nail heads; should be good for another year! (It is the nature of the beast since the roof is almost flat.... :picard: )

Wood gathering/scrounging season has finally arrived here for me as I checked out a road where it was snow covered last week. Now, I can take advantage of the "free wood gathering" until the end of the month. I hope to get 4 truck loads, but with any good luck, I'll be like campinspecter and get out there every day!!! :thumbs:

savemoney, bogieb, Woodwidow and 10 others like this.
  16. Marshel54

Marshel54

Hurt my leg trying to kick myself in the ars :mad:.
    Started out the day removing everything from the freezer to defrost it. As inpatient as I am I put the heat gun in it. Now the gun will not turn off and the door has melted :mad:. The door will not shut.
    Called Lowes. No freezers available except a 7 cu ft chest type. Finally settled on a side by side refrigerator with a 9 cu ft freezer section delivered tomorrow. I hope the stuff in the coolers holds to then. The melted down freezer was 20 cu ft. Between the beer refrigerator's freezer,the inside refrigerator freezer and the new one I believe it will all fit if I get rid of the stuff that I should have.
    The problem is I have a 1/2 hog and 1/4 beef coming next week.
    I will have to go on search of an upright freezer but I will have some time.
    I will have to see if the old 1960s vintage chest freezer in the shop will fire up. I can't remember if it was working when I unplugged it.

17. lukem

lukem

Demo'd out the closet....found the cedar T&G fashia. Behind that was a potpourri of ship lap, clapboard, and regular 1x's the cedar was nailed to.

This house was built in 1960, likely by a man who grew up during the depression....and it shows. Lots and lots of recycled and repurposed lumber....stuff spliced together, etc.

18. Horkn

Horkn

Sav, if you want quinine, look at flavored seltzer waters. Many have it, even the walmart brand. Its right on the ingredients on the label. They actually taste great too.

19. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Hope ya start a thread from tear down to finish.

20. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Sorry to hear that Marshel54. I always use a hair dryer.

savemoney, bogieb, Horkn and 8 others like this.