In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Thanks.

I saw your post about a coworker and I feel for you. I had a couple of days like that when I was working. Don’t let it get to you.

2. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Brandon, I’m not sure how much worse we wanna get. :faint:

3. Gasifier

Gasifier

Al. I missed this when you posted. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. How is everyone doing?

4. Gasifier

Gasifier

While working on the trail yesterday my son and I decided to try to not cut the small brush. (Anything under 1-1/2” or so.) It’s thick stuff and tough to work in. And we want to be careful of ticks. So we were trying to cut it out ahead of us. And that way you find any stumps and rocks as well. But we realized just how much work we could save as we talked about. And we can see through it with no leaves on it yet. So decided to just go through and cut the bigger stuff. Then come through with the rotary cutter/brush hog on the tractor. So when all the big stuff is cut up we throw it off to the sides and then I back into it slowly with the cutter. It is a medium duty so it really tears chit up like it wasn’t even there. This is really saving us a lot of work. Some areas are tough to work in without cutting the brush first. Thorns! Vines! I Yi Yi!:hair:But we are making great progress together.:handshake: We both took a walk on our morning break yesterday. Probably walked for 45 minutes. Just exploring and talking. Good times.

5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I had a BIL who was really crippled up with arthritis. After he retired he just got worse and worse so decided to try Arizona. He absolutely loved it and after about a week or maybe two, he would even put his cane away as it was not needed and he could walk good. He felt great. Then he'd come back to Mi in the summer and by the time he headed back to AZ he could barely walk again...until he got down there then all was well. I too noticed that I really felt a lot better down there but...here I am.

Chaz, bogieb, Chazsbetterhalf and 9 others like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Looks to be a nice day but the forecast doesn't sound too great.

7. rottiman

rottiman

Currently SNOWING like a S.O.B. here right now.....................................

Chaz, bogieb, Chazsbetterhalf and 9 others like this.
  8. Gasifier

Gasifier

o_O Could you keep that up there please? The rain is suppose to start here anytime. Looks like it will be a day to take off from hard labor. Maybe put sone music on and clean that garage bench. Again!:picard:

Chaz, bogieb, Chazsbetterhalf and 8 others like this.
  9. rottiman

rottiman

You could go for a "back and forth ride in the driveway" in the truck !!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

10. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Yup they say it’s coming soon

11. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Another gorgeous day here is Paradise. campinspecter headed out for another load of firewood. I am working from home today. yesterday was a mixed bag as I worked three hours at school and the rest at home. There are certain things you can't do at home when working.

Looking forward to the long weekend. I think we get showers on Monday and Tuesday. Really into a long stretch of good weather for awhile.

12. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Was sunny and 70* yesterday, 40* and snowing big fat fluffy flakes right now! :jaw:
    Heck, we had a fire and sat out with no jacket (well, I did) until 9pm last night!
    Springtime in Ohio! :rofl: :lol:

13. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Thanks, Gas, much appreciated. Haven’t spoken to my cousin yet this week, but no news is good news. They should be on their way to recovery.

14. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

It’s been raining since last night. Not complaining because the overnights have been in the 40s and daytime in the 60s. Too hot to have a fire going so we are using the furnace. At least heating oil is the lowest it’s been in over 20 years. Don’t feel as guilty burning it.

Chaz, Chvymn99, Midwinter and 6 others like this.
  15. Backwoods Savage

16. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Got up about 6 to 45* and 10 it was down to 36*. Rain came in and then turned to snow. Chaz got up and wen to the bathroom and on the way back looked out the window. Stopped then turned around and said "I am going back to bed. This has to be a bad dream.," :rofl: :lol:

17. Stinny

Stinny

Needed some fire therapy today... cold rain outside, with 6" of snow on the way tonight... sitting in front of the stove :fire: with music / headphones... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... zzz... zzz... ;)

18. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

thankfully just rain here! Stove is warmish.

19. Horkn

Horkn

It was snowing here off and on this am. Good thing it's not sticking. Tuesday was 79°, I was in shorts and no shirt cleaning/ reorganizing the shed. Yesterday 64°, today 42° so far and off on snow squalls. The 7 day forecast doesn't look good. No measurable snow, just definitely a long ways from 79 and sunny.

20. Horkn

Horkn

I did a full on chooch of the stove this am with silver maple. The stove was out for 2 days before last night. Furnace was off, and I woke up to 65° in the back hall. Stove rechooched and the furnace turned back on to heat setting. Gooder