In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. rottiman

rottiman

Are you in the truck yet ????????

2. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Is that a Bad Thing? :picard:

3. yooperdave

yooperdave

I still thinking on it...….

No TV. (movies only)

No internet. (no FHC)

No water. (washing, toilets or drinking/cooking)

No food. (would be spending that $50 at least on food/supplies and end up looking like a hoarder!)

No indoor plumbing (this time of year).

4. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

So how much was it? I'm in the market for a new drill and I am about 90% sure it's going to be DeWalt. I'm done with cheap junk.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

5. yooperdave

yooperdave

Originally, $500. Clearance priced to $450. Today's price $400.

Here's the thread.

Cordless Tool Combo Kit

Here's the item. In one of the home depot store I go to it is $400.

DEWALT 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit (8-Tool) w/(2) 2Ah and (1) 4Ah 20-Volt MAX Batteries and ToughSystem Box-DCKTS882D2M1 - The Home Depot

6. yooperdave

yooperdave

Anyone else out there have charter or spectrum for their cable provider?

Free showtime is offered right now.

7. Horkn

Horkn

Yeah, I've got spectrum. HBO and I think cinemax are included in my bundle. Showtime and epix are free through April 19.
    I think I'll be dropping them right after that date, possibly sooner.

I've been streaming Netflix for their free 30 day trial.

I love the DVR though on cable, and directTV previously. It's a pain to have to watch the shows live, I'd rather record the shows and watch them when I want. Unfortunately I still need to keep spectrum for internet, as that's the only high speed option at my house.

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

They went "camping" in the camper trailer in the yard tonight:rofl: :lol:.......:yes:.

How would we have interpreted school being closed for several weeks when we were kids? I don't know the answer but grateful she's adjusting well except for missing her friends :confused: Easing into home schooling this week on extended spring break. Monday starts a stricter schedule, hoping we have distance learning lessons from school by Sunday night. If not I know the time periods in the school days and will mimic it.

We have enough food but I fell short on fruit, not willing to drive to town to pick up a $4 school lunch when we have other food here, kwim?, she'll get extra veggies instead.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  9. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Ok that's more than I need. I just want a drill. Amazon has the charger drill and two batteries for $99 that's what I thought you were looking at but just the one with the driver too.

10. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

The work they gave us is nothing like what they do in school. And it amounts to 5x the actual work he does in school each day. He is in k5 this year. The work was generic junk from m the district. My wife is useing some of it, throwing some out and making up her own work based on what he needs work in and what he needs to learn and what they do in the class. She has a teaching degree and has spent countless days in his classroom as a volunteer. She KNOWS what they actually do. There is a lot of singing and dancing to YouTube. Way less subtraction worksheets, science lessons and spelling stuff for detailed questions

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Excellent! Can I get in touch with you if ours turns out to be some garbage too? I asked the teacher to send the math book home, we have plenty of books, they sent online links to mobymax last year and a keyboard typing program though that is a very small part of time spent in school it's still there. Arts, crafts, science and PE happen here almost daily, and as someone suggested in another thread (I apologize, I cannot remember the screen name to thank that member), cooking is like core learning too, reading, measuring, applying directions with hopefully gratifying results when done. Also a bit jazzed to have an opening for introducing more chores....... Yours is 5 or 6?

12. rottiman

rottiman

Same here.............the other bonus is that you can ignore the commercials too.

13. rottiman

rottiman

Behave when your out on the playground................................

14. Warner

Warner

I have some chain sharpening then out to make some rounds. 40C64671-C0A0-4838-B3F3-4983CB4B04A3.jpeg Clouds move in and rain tomorrow. I’ll enjoy the outside time while I can.

15. Gasifier

Gasifier

Caffeine in. Time for a quick workout. Then to get to work outside.

16. Thor

Thor

Lots of rain here. Yesterday was our youngest daughters birthday. We made the best of it. Had cake for breakfast.(i took the day off). She wanted Buffalo wild wings for her B-day meal. Wife ordered on-line. I went and picked up. When you get there you send a text. They text you back and let you know when you and only you can open 1 door and pick up. They were very good. We played a game I got for Christmas called Who in the Room. Then they did Face Time with Grandma. Going to enjoy the weekend at home with them before going back to the grind on Monday.

17. Horkn

Horkn

Yes, rain. Rain, and more rain. We did curbside pickup of our pizza last night. It worked very slick. That pizza will be 2 more dinners/ lunches.

My wife did online grocery shopping yesterday. The first 3 are no charge. They even allow coupons to be used. The problem is that everyone is doing it now and the earliest our pickup would be is Wednesday. We're good though for a while, so we'll be fine with that. We can always make another store run, but we are really trying to limit that. My buddy wants me to come out and trim more pine/ play Lincoln logs with him and the New Holland C190 tracked skid steer. That thing is a beast. I would, but it's that an essential trip? I mean I could say " well the wood is going to be pulp wood. And pulp wood goes into construction and toilet paper" lol

18. Warner

Warner

16AF1BD1-82B3-438F-9BC1-8159D9315331.jpeg I was making good progress until these pesky critters came out for some attention. AF32164C-F776-4FD2-8A57-F8064A4EDEA7.jpeg

19. Midwinter

Midwinter

Looks like you got it mostly bucked up, before the bugs came out.

20. Warner

Warner

Yeah that’s my goal get it bucked and split before the bugs. The processing area is pretty muddy at the moment.

Gasifier, savemoney, bogieb and 13 others like this.