In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

That jacket you posted is very cool! The VFD does not issue any clothing, this is his work/hunting jacket. About the same shape but puffed up thick with down. An early snow while going back and forth weekends for hunting snowed in the 78' hunting trailer the whole winter.....with his jacket inside, so we had to buy another one. So now he has two. Ick, I want to wash them so badly between hunting and fishing but he said it will remove the waxed coating that waterproofs/windproofs him ontop of roofs in -25* windchills. Icky but glad he's warm. I think they are from Cabela's, I was turning in rewards points from the grocery store here for Cabela's gift cards since we moved here.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  2. yooperdave

yooperdave

I really like that coating on the filson. You can actually spray a water hose at it and not get wet underneath it! 99 hates the smell of it (wax coating) but what she doesn't know, is mine is ready for a refresher coat of the wax! I'll do it in the basement and "surprise" her! :thumbs: :whistle:

[​IMG]

3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Cleaning fish and gutting game, ick! I might just wash one and and rewax it. Thank you for the brand on good wax! I was about ready to a while back, badbob rewaxed one of his jackets. Seriously, I am not a priss but those jackets gross me out. That said no one outside of this house and now members here know whats actually been on them. :whistle:

4. XXL

XXL

Have you ever tried heating your item before applying? It really draws the oil/wax into the fiber/leather. I have used a dryer for coats and hats or even the oven on low for boots, ball gloves and doing the palms of my hockey gloves.

5. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Uugh, gonna be one of those days. Boss called me an hour ago, my retired buddy (3 months ago) passed away on the 19th, and we found one of our young welders dead at home this morning. Not sure what his cause of death was, heart or suicide. I'm chugging coffee and heading over the hill to help make sense of all this.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Chaz, Chvymn99, Thor and 7 others like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I've been wondering what it is like after the big snow?

7. Backwoods Savage

No way!

I should have added that the little girl's mother is like a granddaughter to us. We are close.

8. Backwoods Savage

The weather guessers are really going bonkers. Anywhere from 2" to 12" is predicted for us by Thusday morning. We'll see.

9. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Lot of its melted really. They're still trucking it away in town too, a few side roads still narrower than ideal, but the level has dropped overall. We've had a few more, more normal-ish snow events since but I don't think there's been frost in the ground all winter.

10. Backwoods Savage

11. Erik B

Erik B

It even works to put the wax on first and then hit it with a bit of heat from a heat gun or hair drier. You can watch it melt right into what ever you are applying it on.

12. Horkn

Horkn

Ugh. That's no good. To add to that. The 10 yr old son of my godfather's son died from some sort of a burst colon for not apparent reason. The kid was super healthy and this was a shock to everyone. They rushed him to the children's hospital and they were not able to save him.

13. Horkn

Horkn

That's what we were predicted. 24 hrs later they cancelled the entire event. It's just very windy here. We might get a dusting...

14. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

That low Dennis, and others, were talking about is pushing our way, but we are only supposed to get two days of rain. I looked at the map and it looks like it’ll be south of Dennis, although I could be wrong. Anyways, stay safe guys.

It’s 53° here and it feels like 30°. Damp and a little wind.

15. Marshel54

Marshel54

Went to the dentist for a tooth extraction. All went good. Still no pain now and the numbing stuff is about wore off.
    Since I was so good at the dentist I figure I was do a treat. Stop at HF and bought me an air compressor.
    comp.jpg
    Spent the afternoon looking for trucks on the computer. How the heck do they justify the price or am I living in the horse and buggy days.
    The best deal I found was a 2019 F-150 with 15064 miles on it. They wanted $28400. That is 10k more than I paid for my 2003 2500HD new.
    Problem is: About 10k over what I wanted to spend and it was a Ford. I am not a fan of Fords.
    Who are buying these new trucks? It won't be me. They want more than I paid for my first house.

16. lukem

lukem

New garage door came in yesterday. Got the opening reframed (yes, it was done wrong orignally...shocker) and composite trim installed. Going to start putting the new one together tonight, but won't be able to get everything done until the weekend.

Been raining all day again today....supposed turn into snow overnight and may see 1-3" by the end of the day tomorrow. Not a great time to have a big hole in my garage wall, but it isn't the end of the world either.

Going to throw some venison backstraps and asparagus on the grill in a couple hours. I've found it very helpful to counterbalance the tongs in my right hand with approximately 12 ounces of liquid in my left hand. It's important to replace the liquid a few times while cooking too.

17. Horkn

Horkn

That's the going rate now. They are all higher priced than even 2003. Trucks have a lot more things available on them than they did in 2003. Inflation and cost of living are higher. That's why wages are supposed to be higher by a certain amount.

I know, it's not what you want to hear, but that's reality.

18. Marshel54

Marshel54

Someone needs to inform GVT. SS hasn't gone up much. I need a raise to support the economy. :D

My son has a newer RAM Big Horn and it has so many gizmo that the life of the truck would long be over before I figure all them out.

19. Horkn

Horkn

I think we all need a raise.

20. Marvin

Marvin

It will be interesting to see what happens to truck prices (and everything else for that matter) when parts/products quit showing up from China due to the factory shutdowns....