In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Stinny

Stinny

Ooooooh... it just started snowing... :rootintootin:

Chaz, NortheastAl, savemoney and 13 others like this.
  2. rottiman

rottiman

Get that John Deere warmed up.....................

Chaz, NortheastAl, savemoney and 12 others like this.
  3. rottiman

rottiman

Got myself a early Xmas present. Chains on the tractor were 23 years old and like me, tired and worn out. Stopped at the Boda dealer yesterday and got a new, shiny set. Bodi is really happy now with the new snow boots..........................

Chaz, NortheastAl, savemoney and 14 others like this.
  4. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

My MIL just came to visit. Shes wearing a Christmas sweater. I looked at her and asked why she was wearing a shirt with two reindeer drinking beers on it. She had no clue and this is the second year wearing it :rofl: :lol:

5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

The probe would still give the actual temperature.

I once took a reading on the flue (we have single wall) but sadly do not remember the reading on the side or bottom of the flue. Guess I'm going to have to find that tool (where on earth did I put that thing?) and take some more readings. But I can tell you the difference was amazing.

Chaz, NortheastAl, savemoney and 10 others like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Hope to get back out there yet today to finish the job I started yesterday. I was called to the house before I could finish yesterday and today my body is reminding me of what I did yesterday...

It's been sunny today but now the clouds are moving in. Rats.

Chaz, NortheastAl, leoht and 14 others like this.
  7. ole

ole

That was an interesting morning. She had 4 shingle nails in 3 tires. Took the tire off with 2 nails in it and put on the goofball spare. Plugged another one with my WalMart silly string tire plugger tool. The 3rd tire was holding air pretty good in the parking lot so I left the nail in and drove the 28 miles home without any problems. I did have my portable air tank and portable air comp with me so that gave me confidence in doing so. Left my Tacoma for her to get home and as we speak my tire guy is looking up a price for 4 new tires. The wear bars are starting to show so screw it her CRV gets new feet for Christmas! I don’t screw around.

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I recently came to the same conclusion with some plumbing, glad I did it! Merry Christmas Mrs Ole :)

9. ole

ole

Tire guy just called. $600 plus tax and disposal fee for 4 new black round things. Sold. They go on Thursday. :thumbs:
    She'll just have to drive my truck for 2 days

10. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Keeping momma happy and safeIs a sound investment plan:yes:

11. ole

ole

happy wife = happy life

12. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    That is one thing I have always appreciated about campinspecter. He has always made sure that there are good tires on our vehicles as all of our trips down island go through an areas where you are two hours from a tire shop or a phone.

13. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

You got that right, last year for Christmas I got my wife a new set of snows on rims. All my friends thought it was a very romantic. My wife was ecstatic

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Outdoor batteries for cat door. Which ones are best for extreme cold?
    upload_2019-12-17_11-29-9.png

15. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I had to go back to the eye doctor this morning to have them help me with a stuck contact that I couldnt get out for the life of me. When I got there, I sat down and across from me was a guy talking to one of the employees who works out front assisting with the glasses. He told the guy that he was going to have to hold off on the glasses for now when the woman I had sat next to sprang up and told him thats bullchit, I'll pay for them, followed by much resistance and back and forth. I assumed it was his girlfriend, but she was a stranger who was insistent that the veteran was NOT leaving without glasses. He explained that he was simply short on cash as he just put $20K in repairs into his house, and was about to leave in his $50K truck, but she wasnt having it. Kept repeating that her dad is dying, and I cant do anything to help him...please let me help you. Not too many dry eyes in the place.

Its great to see some people are still nice.

Also, the doctor then took me in and removed the contact and didnt charge for the visit me too.

16. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Lithium

17. Marshel54

Marshel54

Been making Christmas baking giveaways. Glass Candy done. Carmel Corn one more batch, Pizzellas done. Spiced pecans to go yet and peanut brittle.
    Our daughter was in South Carolina and was talking about something they had that she loved. From her description she had pralines. I tried to make them for the first time. My recipe says Bring to a boil at 234* for 16 minutes. Now the 16 minutes may have been time it took to get to 234*. Add butter without stirring let cool to 150*. Vigorously stir in Pecans for 3 minutes and quickly spoon onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. The 3 minute stir was not going to happen. Mine didn't turn out as expected, but taste is pretty good . Couldn't spoon them flat enough. Kind of looked like small road apples instead of small cow patties.
    I over shot the soft ball stage and ended at the firm ball stage. I believe this may have been what went a wrong.
    How about it T.Jeff Veal or any of you other fine southern folks.
    Getting to ready to start another batch soon.
    Called Woodstock and ordered a new CAT. They were kind of proud ($$$s) of them. Bought it anyway. Needed some way to quickly swap out for cleaning. Had a very good conversation with them. Great folks.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  18. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks!
    :handshake:
    :campfire:

19. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Only restraint is money :makeitrain"

20. wheelhorseiron

wheelhorseiron

28k is good for the tires they put on new cars. I've walked away from a new car sale for my wife because they wouldn't put better tires on it for her. (I've never bought a new vehicle for myself)

They use the worst tires from the "best" names for new cars. Tires are cheap for them, but they think you won't pay attention to them.