In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bogieb

bogieb

It is weird how that works. I know that when I interview prospects (I'm not a hiring manager, but may work closely with that position or have good knowledge of what the open job will entail) my job is to get a good prospect in the door. Even if I dislike my job, or am disgruntled in some way, I will spin it in the best light possible. Naturally, the better I do at getting good people in the door, the better the possibly making the place a better place to work, or feeling good about leaving (I don't leave if it will put the place in a big lurch or cause great hardship).

Yeah, and I'm one of those that complains about the dishonesty of job applicants :emb: . But at the same time I am extremely honest on my resume and during interviews to the point of downplaying my experiences a bit as I do NOT want to disappoint an employer right off the bat.

wildwest, brenndatomu, Chaz and 7 others like this.
  2. Gasifier

Gasifier

A little caffeine and sugar water in. Time to empty the ash bucket into the garden and then bring a little more firewood in. Then off to the enjoyment center for a bit. At least we will now start getting paid again next week sometime. Shutdown over. Well. Until February 15.......:picard:

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

Relieving those essential federal employees... gdeLXzU.jpg

mat60, bogieb, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  4. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Tell him to take a shower like the rest of the men :rofl: :lol:

mat60, bogieb, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  5. yooperdave

yooperdave

Hold on there brother! Try keeping up with him for one day. It the only way to get warmed up after you get to that bone chilling pre-hypothermic state! :yes: His job is outside and in the winds out there. Doesn't take long for the chills to set in.

Even myself, I would draw a hot tub of water to sit in and regain a comfortable warmth back in those miserable working days. Way too many below zero days in windy conditions and no heat to have even the faintest of fond memories. Before the OWB heated the water, I would jump into the tub and the water would feel lukewarm at best. The unregulated heat of the OWB (no mixing valve) is such a benefit here and it will warm you up quick! Faster than the sauna! :smoke:

papadave, rottiman, bogieb and 8 others like this.
  6. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Lol I've been in those shoes in my younger days. Dont miss it one bit!

mat60, bogieb, wildwest and 6 others like this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I've never understood the thinking of people heating their water to super hot then mixing cold water with it to cool it. Why spend the dollars to heat it that high in the first place? I like getting into the shower and turning the water on hot water and having it just right. No need to cool it. Well, it works most times anyway. Our water heater is getting old and we've noticed right after it cycles the water is a bit too hot. We'll be replacing it soon.

We once tried one of the inline instant water heaters. Heated water only when you needed it. Nice...except when you ran some hot water and then turned it off. If you turned it back on in a short period of time you could burn yourself because the water that was left in the burner got super heated. We had young kids; that water heater went fast.

mat60, bogieb, NortheastAl and 6 others like this.
  8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

We've all had the flu for a week now, darn fever for 7 days straight.

9. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

That stinks.... especially when you probably keep giving each other it back and forth....:confused:

10. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

I had to go to the doctor yesterday after still having a bad cough at almost two weeks after catching the flu. I couldn’t sleep at all. They gave me a Z-pak antibiotic and codeine cough syrup. Told me it could be a couple more weeks to fully recover.

Good luck to you, WW, and the entire family. Hope you all feel, better soon.

11. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Dennis, that makes a lot of sense to keep the hot water just so hot. I remember the install guys telling me that you don’t want to go under a certain temperature. I can’t remember what that temp was or the reason why. It could be they just wanted me to keep burning more oil. Lol.

12. TBONE

TBONE

Not much going on today. Drove to town this morning to the Stihl dealer. Picked up some oil, new chain and a 2 in 1 file for dads MS170.

The boy had asked if we could do s'mores. Sure we can. Nice Saturday afternoon treat. He likes Hershey's and I prefer Reese cups.
    IMG_4627.JPG

13. rottiman

rottiman

Back in those days did they still heat the copper tub with wood ....................................

14. Chaz

Chaz

:bug:
    :BrianK:

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

mat60, Horkn, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

We all got sick 2 days apart, kiddo first, me last.
    Wow this flu is a Doozie!! I knew instantly we had the same one as you after we all 3 had horrendous coughing and you said it triggered vagus syncope. So Sorry for that it sounds frightening. But come one! A fever over 102* for 7 days? Ugg. Kiddo's fever finally gone on day 8. WWW will be back at doc next week, his cough is getting worse on day 8. We'll have to see with me, I'm not better but crossing my fingers on Tamiflu. I needed antinausea too, between profuse drainage awful coughing I could not keep down water or ibu, (thus 16 hour blur, much of which was near 103*) Holy crap our abs and muscles over ribs are so sore and tender, OMG. You too?

16. yooperdave

yooperdave

Feel better........X 3!!! One time for each of ya!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  17. Chaz

Chaz

X4^^^

Horkn, bogieb, NortheastAl and 4 others like this.
  18. rottiman

rottiman

19. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Wait.......so you toast the marshmallow, then pit it in the Graham cracker with a peanut butter cup???? WHERE HAS THIS IDEA BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

:smoke:

papadave, mat60, Horkn and 8 others like this.
  20. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

After almost 5 years, I figured it was time to finally have tunes in the Bronco. Spent a few hours out in the driveway, fairly cold out there. Not sure how the guys out ice fishing that I can see from my window are doing it. They have been standing out there for at least 5 hours.