In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bocefus78

bocefus78

OMG. Please make it stop.
    Starter is out on the plow truck.
    I can't take much more.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. bocefus78

bocefus78

Done per Request. Edit The Quote

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Is that the one spent all the time on in December time frame? Sorry to hear that bud....

4. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

your state has "OUTLAWED" tire plugs o_O:eek:

And yes I know exactly what a "patch plug" is.

Backwoods Savage, bogieb and wildwest like this.
  5. yooperdave

yooperdave

I dunno...? I think somewhere some "expert" told me they were no longer allowed for tire repairs.

6. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Maybe for a professional shop , but I'd find that hard to beleive for an individual to use? Still find either scenario hard to beleive?

7. yooperdave

yooperdave

I think he said that they can come loose.

Like I said, they worked well for me when I used them.

And yeah, Don't know how they would be able to enforce a decision like that on individual use.

And....the "expert" could just be loosing air, right? :D

8. bocefus78

bocefus78

Yep. Not so much the truck itself killing me. Just a combo all in 72 hours.

Truck starter. Trailer axle. Tow bill. Roof leak. All while I haven't made a dollar of profit since November. Just venting, and I'm sorry for that.

9. yooperdave

yooperdave

You're at the right place!

10. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I doubt it is actually "illegal"...probably the same as Ohio...some shops will put 'em in, some won't...siting "liability, which I get it...plugs work sometimes, sometimes not...

11. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

They can come out but it's not a big deal. Rocks push plugs out I have found when tires are real worn. But unless it's a bolt or a slice they usually work. I like then cause there quick and you can roll on

12. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    They aren't like that. It seems to be a real sensible way of keeping track of what you eat and how much. The real emphasis is on fruit, veggies and very lean meats such as chicken breasts. Sure, you can buy products they promote but it is not mandatory. The one meeting I went to, everyone was very encouraging and campinspecter has been to a couple more and he found the same attitude. You don't even have to go to meetings anymore. You can do it all on-line using the tracker app. You just have to be very honest with yourself when doing your weighing.

GTGs this year are out as I am still working. Making it to some is on our bucket list for the future.

13. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    SNOW!!! We woke up to snow on the ground this morning. Just a skiff and it was gone by noon. It started again around dinner time and now the temperature is dropping. Snow didn't amount to much. We are in for a week of below freezing temperatures and hopefully clear skies to go with it. campinspecter is looking for some sunny days to go out firewood gathering.

14. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

My buddies wife did WW. I think they pay for the app and maybe another fee or something but I know she does the app. He said she was a slave to it. It has like everything and you have to add all kinds of stuff in. Like if you has a small vanilla ice cream at chick fil a . It's not just a small nice cream but you can actually add a " small chick fil a ice cream" I have not seen it but that's what he said.

If you pay attention to what you eat that's all it is. Eat all the fruit and veggies you want, there no points and eat lean meat, don't eat the sugar and carbs. But anyone with sense would know that. Portion control too is key. But that's the problem for any of us. I don't really live eating all kinds of stuff nor do I eat lots of stuff but my quality of diet is not the best, and I have trouble with eating random stuff like cheeze it's or crackers. Or too much stuff like pizza or toast. And instead of eating one burger I eat 2. But if your not sedentary only eating one burger your still hungry then you eat more junk..so getting started is the hardest thing and staying dedicated.
    The problem I have with fruit is I like it but I can eat apples all day and I am stI'll hungry right after. I don't know how people snack on fruit, cause I basically have to eat it on and off all day to keep from being hungry. And I don't even work in the field like I use to 12 years ago.

Backwoods Savage, wildwest and Horkn like this.
  15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Hopefully Murphy has had his fun there, after 3 already bet he's bored. Hang in there Friend.

16. Midwinter

Midwinter

Here ya go, mash it! Nik6zAr.jpg

17. Thor

Thor

No worries bro. That's what this site is about. Family:handshake:

18. yooperdave

yooperdave

The Chinese restaurant meal was spot on yesterday. Mmmmmmmm, deep fried shrimp......

Yeah, I'm hungry! I think there is a VFW that has a breakfast buffet today.....

19. bogieb

bogieb

Yeah, when someone wants something (or not do something) they tend to site "legality" as the cause. I don't know how many businesses I have called out on that telling them to site the code. Was buying a new SUV and wanted them to put AT tires on instead of the all-weather tires they had on (as part of the negotiated price). They told me it was illegal to change the tires before I bought the vehicle. I told them no deal then because I wasn't paying another $600 right after buying a vehicle. Somehow the illegality disappeared. Had a dentist office say I had to fill out a new list of all my health and medicinal stuff. I told them nothing had changed and I wasn't going to fill out a new form. They told me that I had to by law. Um, not unless you give me the statute. They couldn't supply that and, surprise, they let it go.

Same thing with ISO 9000 or AS9100. People like to site those standards as requirements to do something. I have to contradict on a regular basis. Is it "best practice"? Maybe, or maybe you just want it that way, but it isn't in the standard as a requirement.

20. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I think tire shops got kinda jumpy after that whole Firestone/Ford Explorer deal...