In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Terrible nights sleep. Daughter woke me up at 2:30 wanting a drink. Noticed wife still wasnt home yet. I checked the phone and saw a text from her telling me that she had a few drinks and her friend was going to drive her home. Wasn't able to sleep until about 4, well after she got home. Then at 6 I was awoken by our tiny bed mate telling us she was wet because her diaper leaked.....of.course she was laying next to me and I was soaked in pee too. Gave up on sleep at that point.

Thank god the AFC Championship isn't a prime time game!

2. Warner

Warner

Ahh.. the family life. Good times!

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

B3zfrTx.jpg

papadave, bogieb, NortheastAl and 5 others like this.
  4. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Rofl...yep that's me! I just turned the heat on downstairs so my daughter can watch TV. Once it warms up dad will join her and take a nap.

5. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

8 years without good eggs:hair::flipeggs:. Come on man the stove has given you 50 plus years. Go buy a new one that won't last 10.;)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    papadave, yooperdave, bogieb and 10 others like this.
  6. Midwinter

Midwinter

Z1OHk3G.jpg

7. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Lol my MIL Never uses her dishwasher. It was 20 years old, and had probably been used 20 times when she replaced it also year. It literally looked brand new inside. She replaced all her appliances over the past few years to update the kitchen. The 20 year old stuff never had a problem, everything but the dishwasher, which probably still hasn't been used has broken multiple times.

8. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

20 year old stuff now was probably some of the last good stuff.

I have been through like 3 washers in like 13 years. Now some have been second hand, but not that old. ...not like they came from a college dorm with 10 people and we're 12 years old. One lasted like 3 years I think, it was from a buddy that bought it for a rental that our mutual friend lived in...it wasn't in there 6 months before he moved in with his own. I bought it from my buddy the landlord after he was tired of it in his garage. So it had almost no use, was a middle line Kenmore washer. Been through a few dryers, last time it went out I put some new bearings and a motor in it, instead of buying new or trying to find a decent used one . That cost right at $100

9. Casper

Casper

Speed Queen makes some good stuff. That's the route we took last year when we replaced our $50 garage sale Kenmore that we had for 17yrs.

10. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

My wife had an apartment in her parents house. All appliances were new 14 years ago. Fridge lasted about 3 years, replaced it with a take out from my mom's house. First washing machine lasted about 9 years before the drum failed. Replaced it with another front loader, Maytag I think. The drum failed on that in 10 months and was replaced under warranty. Another 8 months and it failed again. This time I was SOL and had to buy another. Bought a Samsung, and to the best of my knowledge, it's still in there. The dryer was original, but would shut off on its own several times in the dry cycle sometimes. I refused to replace that one and dealt with it.

My house came with a top load washer and old school standard dryer. I won't ever buy anything else.

Chvymn99, bogieb, NortheastAl and 4 others like this.
  11. Horkn

Horkn

I fell asleep last night and let the stove go cold because I didn't put wood in it. Who'd have guessed that would happen?:rolleyes:

The furnace kicking in woke me up this am. Now I'm in front of the stove catching up on FHC. Beech and pine burn just fine.:D

I've got to cut up a few chunky monkeys I unloaded off the trailer yesterday. They were all dry stuff I hauled out from buddy's house from last year. They'll be burnt to get rid of the evidence.

Chvymn99, bogieb, NortheastAl and 5 others like this.
  12. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Was raining when we set out for our walk but has since cleared off. Calm seas out there right now. We have had some really windy weather this past week.

Curling or football? That will be the dilemma today. Bookkeeping to catch up on and the sewing room calls with new fabric waiting to be worked on.

13. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

tumblr_inline_o9e6m48OzI1qc0av0_540.jpg

14. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Curling is winning. 3rd end of the Grand Slam women's final.

wildwest, Stinny, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  15. Horkn

Horkn

That's because there's no football on just quite yet;)

Get your curling watching in now, because you'll want to watch the 2 NFL games on today.

16. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

That happened to us a couple nights ago but no furnace to kick on and wake us up. But house didn't get that cold so all was well.

Eric VW, wildwest, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Think I'll break down and watch some football today also. Have to run the tv occasionally to see if it still works.

18. Gasifier

Gasifier

Been helping out around the house and relaxing so far today. It is time for me to get outside. To be back in at kickoff.

Eric VW, wildwest, rottiman and 4 others like this.
  19. Horkn

Horkn

Around here, you have to have a regular ( gas or oil) heating system in order to have home insurance. I suppose geothermal would be allowed too. A buddy of mine has geothermal as his main heating unit. I think he's got a furnace as well.

20. Gasifier

Gasifier

Water is moving quickly today.
    8239B211-67A7-4879-9F33-CDE40151D9AA.jpeg