In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. rottiman

rottiman

Rottiman had had 3 occurrences in the last two weeks at different times than her, as well. Luckily, mine only lasted a few hours each time. I'm bracing for the "broadside slap shot" out of this though. For me, it starts with a pounding headache and then the "Hawaiian Volcano" erupts in my guts. :fart:'s then turned into Sharts and "Hang on Lucie" until your emptied out.

2. Horkn

Horkn

Really, you don't like gas stoves / ranges?

Gas really is the way to go for cook stoves. There's a reason at the professional stoves are gas, and that the chefs and even professional cooks use gas, and not electric.

3. ForestryMiller

ForestryMiller

I'm a gas stove man. I don't have one now in my humble abode, but when I build my house, It will for sure be a gas range...

4. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Mmmmm... perfect reading material for a late dinner....:rofl: :lol:
    Hope you don’t get that “slap shot” rottiman :eek:
    :salute:

brenndatomu, bogieb, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  5. Horkn

Horkn

Watch out for shartnado's:bug:
    And the ensuing shart tsunami in toidy bowl city.:jaw:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  6. yooperdave

yooperdave

Yup, I am aware of that.

I just can't turn down the gas low enough to fry eggs good! That is what I don't like! Tried teflon, steel and cast pans for frying them, just end up in a disgusting swear.

Don't get me wrong, I will buy a gas stove to replace what I have at the cottage now. It's just too damm reliable!!

clemsonfor, rottiman, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  7. Horkn

Horkn

I have the opposite issue with electric stoves. I can't modulate the heat well enough on electric ranges. It's either on or off, or too warm. Gas, you can see the flame and easily set it just right.

8. Stinny

Stinny

Monin all... :campfire:... hope the coffee is good and the fire is hot. Have a great Saturday... :rootintootin:

9. greendohn

greendohn

Good morning, I've some catching up to do.
    Warming up around here, current temp is 30, gonna' see low 40's later with a good chance of rain over the next couple days.
    Coffee is on.
    Have a good weekend.

10. rottiman

rottiman

Mornin' Hoarders, woke up to 33 here this a.m. coffee tasting darn good this morning. Since we are getting a little thaw here, I had shut the 30 down yesterday evening and will give the chimney a mid-winter "rub & scrub" a little later. Rottiegirl says she feels like she has "turned the corner" after a good nights sleep. So, all is pointing to the positive. Everyone have a great and safe day.

papadave, yooperdave, bogieb and 11 others like this.
  11. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Newer models have a very small burner for just that purpose call the warming burner. They also have a quick boil burner which is triple size look into that when you get the new one

12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Okay trying to be non-political.

Keep an eye on your friends neighbors caught in the shutdown National Guard and many others are on unpaid furlough.

Ironic they furlough the workers and the all big wigs whose job it is to make a budget keep getting paid:headbang::loco: :crazy:

13. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Not to sound ungrateful for the income, But it's a nice bright day out there, and I'm working till 6 so I'll miss the sunset :headbang::BrianK:

Winter will be gone before we know it though.

14. Gasifier

Gasifier

Caffeine is in. I’m shaved, showered. Sitting here relaxin, enjoying the peace and quiet, and still deciding on what I will do today.

15. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Coffee is brewed... Fire is started .... and now just finalizing my beer recipe, a Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter... Its become one of steadfast drinks... Smooth...

16. Horkn

Horkn

It's going to get to the low 40's today, and sunny.

I'm getting ready to go out and cut some wood at the wood lot. I can't forget the hookaroon and the log cant. There's downed trees that need to be chunked up.

Gotta make some new premix gas, from the 1.xx gallons we have in the big gas can. There's more than a gallon so I'll take a clean dry water gallon container and fill that, then put the measured gallon into my saw gas can with the Lucas oil. The rest of the gas, will get put in the Kawasaki.

It's extra work instead of just buying exactly 1 gallon of gas and putting it in the premix can, but that's what I'm doing so I don't have to stop once underway to the lot.

17. Gasifier

Gasifier

Going for a walk through the woods. Time to use a Christmas gift from a few years ago. 6EFEFE79-7B0C-4E10-A404-321329A0710B.jpeg

18. Gasifier

Gasifier

Good workout. Trails nice. Lining up my next work while I’m out here. Chainsaw coming out with me tomorrow. B2B69789-1AEF-4FE9-9852-1014505A91D2.jpeg

19. rottiman

rottiman

We have no where near that much snow up here. The sledders up here are most unhappy! Groomed trail across the road is nothing but brush and rocks sticking out. If this keeps up, there will be a lot of sleds to choose from this spring.

TrinitySouth99, Horkn, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  20. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

We had a really weird one happen here. Last night before hitting the shower then the bed I put 3 small splits by the stove and told my wife that would be plenty for the night because it was not supposed to get cold. At the time I did this, there was too much fire in the stove to put the wood in but she stays up later than I do so I expected her to put the wood in.

Fast forward to 4:00 this morning and I woke up a bit chilly. I thought that strange because it was supposed to not get cold overnight. Checked the stove and it was cold. The wood laid right where I had put it and she misunderstood me and had not put it in. So, at 4:00 I'm starting a cold stove... Lesson learned.