In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Last day of 2017, so Happy New Year all.

I haven't been around much, on the 19th, I found myself in the local ER with severe stomach cramps and pain. By 10:00AM they had Cat-scanned me and said I had a bowel blockage. By noon, I was transferred to St. Elizabeths in Boston and at 1:00PM I was under the knife. By 4PM I was awake and in a room with a 7 inch vertical incision in my gut, and a bunch of staples holding me together. I'm OKAY! They found a rogue piece of muscular tissue, like a thin belt, that had wrapped itself around a lower intestine and choked off any flow. I'm now on light duty and might get the staples out Wednesday.

We had a nice Christmas just the same, by daughter came from Chicago with her husband and the new baby, and my son and daughter in law were here too. I have all my riding friends doting on me and stacking my wood and shoveling my snow and some of them even have hot girlfriends I get to flirt with and ask to fluff my pillows.

It's been very cold here. We're down to 0'F with a windchill bring it down below zero. I've got the Absolute in the basement chugging away at a setting of 1 or slightly more which with my 2 year old wood, just CRANKS! The wife will take down the Christmas tree tomorrow and then I get to start the Fireview up again. I have been feeding the birds, listening to old jazz music, and reading posts here and on various motorcycle forums. Cabin fever hasn't completely set in yet, but it's gettin there.

Been listening to this and I think it makes a good point for my even more northern brethren.

2. bocefus78

bocefus78

Got the insert rocking about 650. Pooch is about a foot away from it. For chits and giggles I hit him with the IR gun. 181 degrees lmfao.

wildwest, savemoney, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  3. Midwinter

Midwinter

Wow Oldhippie, I'm glad you're all right! So they didn't have to cut into the bowel , just remove the adhesion? Same thing happened to my mom. Here's a little gallows humor, don't bust your gut! TcU0nw9.jpg 14BHoBc.jpg

wildwest, rottiman, papadave and 4 others like this.
  4. Gasifier

Gasifier

o_OHoly Smoly Oldhippie ! Glad everything is okay! The things the doctors, nurses, and all hospital staff can do today. Eh. That most likely would have been your last few days if not for their abilities. Happy Holidays and hope you have a great New Year with excellent health!

wildwest, rottiman, papadave and 6 others like this.
  5. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Stirred the coals... and few sticks to start the coal burn down... Coffee is now made... (See coffee wasn't first this morning... Shivering is higher priority than coffee... 69 F inside and double blankets was nice...)... Gotta get breakfast fixed now...

wildwest, rottiman, papadave and 5 others like this.
  6. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Oldhippie .... Wow... Glad to hear that you are on the mend and have friends willing to help you out like that... Take it easy and get recouped...

wildwest, savemoney, rottiman and 6 others like this.
  7. Gasifier

Gasifier

Getting some indoor exercise this morning. The huge plow truck just went by both ways with plows down. Good thing. There had to of been 1/8” of snow on the outer edge of the road.:rolleyes:

8. bogieb

bogieb

Glad they figured out the problem and were able to fix you up!

wildwest, savemoney, Chvymn99 and 6 others like this.
  9. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Good hear that you are still with us Oldhippie What a narrow escape. Take it easy and let others do the work. Good time of year to sit back and put your feet up.

wildwest, savemoney, papadave and 7 others like this.
  10. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Me too, the first thing the surgeon told me, after "you need surgery", was you "may need a colonoscopy bag" if we can't repair the blockage. That was scary stuff right there. I know you can live with them quite normally these days, but to wake up in the morning and hear that totally unprepared. It makes me count my blessings.

wildwest, savemoney, Chvymn99 and 9 others like this.
  11. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Still good "double time" duty.

12. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    My cold is getting better and I feel like doing stuff today. campinspecter is dealing with the sneezing part of the cold he caught from me. Talked to Mom yesterday and she didn't catch it yet, thankfully. Clear and cold here for the next couple of days. No snow though. Lower part of Vancouver Island is dealing with snow, freezing rain results. Not a good time for traveling.

13. Gasifier

Gasifier

This is true. Good for the workers if they are getting it this time of year. A little extra dough never hurts around the holidays.

14. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Ouch! Glad you're ok!

wildwest, Chvymn99, Oldhippie and 3 others like this.
  15. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

And if im any judge, They'll send a ranger with a 6' harry homeowner plow to touch up after a little 18" blizzard......:headbang:

wildwest, Chvymn99, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  16. Horkn

Horkn

I'd steer clear of Arctic cat machines for a while, the company was recently sold and it's moving away from the Suzuki motors that made them so good. Granted, some are powered by Yamaha motors now, but who knows how long that will go on with the new owners?

I love Suzuki products, but all the turmoil in cat as a company that's been going on since the 80's has been an issue. If they run great, then fit and finish, or use of lower grade/ spec components it's an issue. Then they appear to get the fit and finish good, then they switch engine brands. The process has been a revolving door.

I do know that since you've been out of the sport, that sleds have gotten extremely smooth and better suspension. They are typically not as fast with all that suspension travel, but they are quite impressive. You could always get a machine that you could do both on, trail and drag racing. If the trails reaggravate any pain, then turn the sled into a lake racer.

wildwest, Chvymn99, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  17. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

They were amazing. They work their butts off too.

wildwest, savemoney, Chvymn99 and 6 others like this.
  18. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Wow Steve, this is a shocker. Seems we both went to the hospital lately and I'm happy to know you are recovering and even able to tend the stoves again.

But what I'd really like to know is how you lucked out with the hot girls fluffing your pillows? Where did I go wrong?!

19. Horkn

Horkn

Lol. Badger and Bentley are exactly the same in that regard. He loves laying on the floor in front of the choochin' insert.

I've never thought about zapping him with the IR pyrometer though. He'd probably not care one but, as long as I keep the moisture meter away from him.;)

20. Horkn

Horkn

Oldhippie it's good to hear that the surgery went well and you're on the mend to becoming normal again.

Don't rush to get out of light duty. Take it easy:yes: