In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

I think the "fake" cards are a nice thing, for her. Just remember to put their return addresses on the letters, so she can associate that. And inform the GP's of what you did, why you did it, and they kinda' suck. Just my thoughts.

2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I was kinda thinking it seems a bit like the "everybody gets a participation trophy" mindset these days...doesn't really prepare kids to deal with real life...just my 2 cents on the matter, if anybody cares to hear it...

3. Horkn

Horkn

That's about what we got today. The roads were sh!TTY on the way home today. Total suckage for my 32 mile commute home.

A 45 minute commute was much longer today. 35 mph was the fastest you could go today, Audi Quattro or not. Granted I don't have snow tires, just all seasons, but still.

Home safe. Sitting by the fire watching Survivor on DVR.

4. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

I hear you on the "participation trophy" thing, I think that's ridiculous. But WW's girl is still young, she might appreciate the gesture. Where she's growing up, she'll be tough enough in a few years.

5. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Yup, if it happens it'll be a slushy mess on the way to work. Might take Val's CRV, she's off tomorrow. AWD and studded snow's, that thing doesn't have issues with poor road conditions.
    Glad you got home safe, sucks when that happens.

6. Horkn

Horkn

Studded tires are illegal here. Have been for ~40 years. So I've never driven with them on the street. I know that real snow tires would work great. I've driven mom's Thunderbird SC with blizzaks and that went very well in snow. Also, I've got wider tires on the Audi. That isn't the best for snow.

Ok, heading out to snowblow the driveway.

7. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Just came down out of the moutains from Bryson City NC after riding the polar express train. It was 28f when I left Bryson City. About 38f back in greenville.

wildwest, Horkn, Beetle-Kill and 4 others like this.
  8. Blstr88

Blstr88

Finally got hit with winter here in northern NH...good little bit of snow finally on the ground and the temp today was what we'd refer to as "wicked cold". Somewhere in the single digits I believe...maybe below 0 wind chill.

With the cold and the wind hitting the house my OWB is kicking on the fan way more often finally so I started mixing in some of my less seasoned wood....prefer to use it when the fans kicking on more often versus warmer days when its sitting in there smoldering more.

If the temps stay in the 20s and below like they're forecasting for the next 10+ days we'll be on the lakes doing some hard water fishing in no time!

wildwest, Horkn, Beetle-Kill and 6 others like this.
  9. Midwinter

Midwinter

Last winter was kind of a bust for ice fishing, wasn't it? There were a lot of warm spells melting the ice. Two people drowned last year on Saturday, Feb. 11, opening day of the 38th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby. Terrible and sad.

Death on Derby Day at Lake Winnipesaukee - The Boston Globe

10. rottiman

rottiman

Mornin' Hoarders. Woke up to a lovely -7 F this a.m. Supposed to climb to a balmy +5 today......... :rootintootin: Now onto :coffee::beerbbq: then out to the shop. Got a early :santa: present yesterday. Another addition to the 20v DeWalt fleet. Their electric grease gun is a welcome addition. Days of the 3 handed grease job are over. Just lock the gun tip on the zerk and hold the trigger down for 10,000 psi of push into even the toughest fitting. Gonna make greasing a more inviting task. Everyone have a great, safe and WARM day..................

11. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

I saw that the other day. When our local ACE has there Dewalt sale, I'll probably be picking up one myself in the spring.

12. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Well Great....:headbang:... I just got word this morning that our new hire is putting in his two weeks... so my world is about to go for another loop...:headbang::headbang::headbang:

wildwest, Horkn, clemsonfor and 3 others like this.
  13. rottiman

rottiman

That sucks................but better now if it has to be. No sense investing a lot of time & energy in someone who isn't happy.

wildwest, Horkn, clemsonfor and 4 others like this.
  14. lukem

lukem

Rolled in the driveway about 1:30 AM, got no sleeep, then back to work. It was WINDY on the drive home...like steering wheel at 2:00 to maintain 12:00 windy. Most of the trucks were pulled off to the side of the interstate....made for less traffic.

Just need to survive today then I'm off for the rest of the week. Road trip again next week then 10 or 11 days off.

wildwest, Horkn, clemsonfor and 7 others like this.
  15. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Busy morning. campinspecter off on a day trip so I made buns, soup and dessert bars for potluck on Saturday instead of going for a walk. The house smells delicious.

wildwest, Horkn, clemsonfor and 10 others like this.
  16. rottiman

rottiman

:thumbs:

What time???...........I'll bring the appetizer...................:rofl: :lol::thumbs:

wildwest, Horkn, clemsonfor and 8 others like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Sitting watching others plow snow. This is not so much fun...

wildwest, Horkn, Redneck and 8 others like this.
  18. Midwinter

Midwinter

I had enough fun for two people, working on my aim until the sun went behind the house. Frozen oak! IMG_20171214_2964.jpg

bogieb, Mwalsh9152, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  19. fishingpol

fishingpol

I remember seeing the story on the news That article really put the events in perspective. Very sad stories.

bogieb, wildwest, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  20. Horkn

Horkn

Yes, it was not a great ice year here in the Midwest either. Several events had to be cancelled that take place in the frozen lakes.