Cut split and delivered ten miles away? 26" DBH, 80' high im guessing. Will try to measure. Guy wants two cords ash to burn in fireplace this winter. Prob close to two cords there if i cut up most of the top too. This is the only ash tree i can access for the time being. I dont sell seasoned wood.
Two cords sounds about right. Are you close to where the EAB turned up? Bridgewater? It's only a matter of time.
Maybe this helps... Or maybe not. I think it's a little short of two cords using SWAG... But you thought the same thing, just shy of two cords. http://extension.unh.edu/resources/files/Resource001044_Rep1200.pdf
Yes, burning this winter. People want what they want and you cant fix... I dont wanna say stupid but you know the drill. Not my problem. Its just for a fireplace anyway. Good point about EAB. its not far. Any precautions to take? Better to take this tree now or let it hold out? I have one other BIG ash thats almost dead but i cant get my truck to where it is just yet. Lots of little green and white ashes too. I dont really burn any ash. I measured 81'. I know its not going to be more than two cords. Thats my son standing in front of it. He will be three soon. $450 sounds good to me. Never sold firewood by the tree. Will be interesting to see how customer responds.
Not a clue what its worth? But looks like a great processing area coal. Is it leaning towards your boy?
What an odd request by the customer at this time of the year. It almost falls under "special requests" from my point of view. And 2 cords of green ash in a cold burning fireplace will probably make it's mark despite the MC of the ash.
thats just the upper switchback of my driveway. i mostly process where the tree falls and then load splits right into truck to deliver or move up to my stacking area. its not leaning much one way more than any other i dont think. i can drop it right on the millings. i was thinking it would also be a good try to learn piecing it down.
nature of the beast i suppose. i know 6 month ash still smokes in my boiler. i am two to three years out now so i dont mess with ash. kinda letting it go for an emergency source i suppose. i got plenty of oak and black birch which i preffer to keep me content.
I would not worry too much about having to take them right away. We're still cutting dead ash and the borer came to us 12 years ago. However, we are now seeing them breaking on the tops and rotting at the root and causing them to fall. The last we cut was really getting far along but the first 10 years really gave us great firewood. Ash is all we plan on cutting again this winter.