Whats On The Menu July 4?

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by SKEETER McCLUSKEY, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

I used it to keep the tin foil off the butter till the smoker got to temperature... I cooked it for about 8 1/2 hours at 180... till it hit 130 and then foiled it & put it in blanket to rest in a cooler till supper about 2 1/2 hours later... mmmm... best one out of the three that I’ve cooked... I used the butter juice and drizzled over the cut...

wildwest, mat60, M2theB and 3 others like this.
  2. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Well shoot, missed this thread. I smoked some country style pork ribs. At least that’s what they were called. I never did these before. Looks like a pork chop. About 1.5-2 hours on smoke after 45 minutes sitting with rub. Not so great. I used a mix of apple and cherry wood. Smoke was overkill and the meat wasn’t great. We ended up eating 2 and I put the rest in foil w a pat of butter in the oven for another 2 hours at 250. They were much better after, still not great.
    4B944AA2-8826-4E5B-BA9D-3FEE05BC248D.jpeg 113BF8FD-2D1A-457F-A4BD-67CEC56C5D04.jpeg

Chalk it up to learning experience. The fat wasn’t rendered so that should have been my first sign. Being they weren’t cut thick, I though I’d be ok.
    Wife’s sides saved the day. Cheesy red-skin taters and she made a fresh cucumber salad that I didn’t get a pic of.

Thor, wildwest, eatonpcat and 7 others like this.
  3. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

As I understand it, country style ribs are sliced from a pork butt. Not real ribs

4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:drool:

SKEETER McCLUSKEY, Chvymn99 and mat60 like this.
  5. moresnow

moresnow

It all looks soooo good. I grilled 40 burgers 30 brats and a giant bag of dogs on 7/4:grizz:. Charcoal in a ancient grill that my buddy has had forever. Lots of people got together for a old fashioned 7/4 party. Sooo many kids running around jumping in the pool. Hitting the slip and slide. Polluting the hot tub. It was nice. After I cooked we vamoosed. I am not terribly comfy with large groups.