In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's in the hopper?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by IHATEPROPANE, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Yup same pellets. We normally find pro pellets here but manic spark are showing up a little more this year.

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Manic are they?

3. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Manic Firesent

That’s a thing right? :rofl: :lol:

4. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

So the GS that have been in my driveway since the fire sale about a year and a half ago are burning quite nicely. I did have a couple or 3 bags where the corner was a fused pellet ball the size of a grapefruit.

PelletHound, slvrblkk, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  5. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

So...ya wanna burn hardwoods,looks like a fricken snow drift 20171216_175356.jpg

6. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

7. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

8. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

Where the he'll is that slvrblkk

9. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Nothing But Skeet and quite happy with em as they were affordable with as many as I need, cant say my stove ever looked anything like that though these Norther Max don't have too much ash and the heat is incredible. Saw some softies which I would certainty prefer so i grabbed a ton yup yup defied the seasoned pellet roaster creed and grabbed a ton bags were not available and they absolutely are fricking AWFUL ! Ashes so heavy that they would not burn with a chit in either the pelpro or Harman create a dang dam and bugger up the glass and didn't produce any heat! Tried them in the Harman first and when i saw how bad they sucked I said to myself (trying to make myself feel better) Ill just roast them in the ghetto stove WRONG even worse in a drop pellet stove. They just flat out suck, wishing i had one of them pellet fire pot so I could actually use them I wont put them in either of my stoves ! What were they well 100% softwood Corinth come in a blue bag I wont even give them away to anyone, maybe if I had an enemy .
    Had half a dozen bags of DF's so burned them for a few days, less ash was nice but they were no hotter than the Northern Max and $100 more a ton decision made for me. Wont lie though getting the softie jones, cant deny it and it cost me the ton of Chit Corinth Flipping JUNK !
    Got the softie jones more than ever now .......

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  10. subsailor

subsailor

You learned the hard way, don't buy Corinth. They are made about 50 miles from me but I never see them being sold anywhere, but then again it's not a brand I would look for. I think most of them are exported.

11. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Sub they are junk and I want everyone here to know they should go on the Never Never f'ing buy list.

12. subsailor

subsailor

I bought a couple of bags of their blend a number of years ago and had the same result as you. So I don't even look for them. Same with Maine Choice. Maine Woods Pellets are the only Maine made pellet I will buy. MWP's are a decent pellet, ask BogieB.

13. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

If I can get over my softie jones the TSC has quite a few tons of them and I might grab them to give them a shot. Was up in North Hampton a few weeks ago and stopped in at a place on 1 I believe and they had some nice softies but a bit far to travel with a ton actually way to far to travel with a ton on a half ton pickup. The Northerns are performing exceptionally but burning the same pellet all the time is getting boring .... Ya'll have corrupted me ! Couldn't have been corrupted by a greater bunch of folks !

14. Rich250

Rich250

must be something wrong with your stove Luney cause I'm told a Harman will adjust itself and burn anything like perfection :whistle:

bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and slvrblkk like this.
  15. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Stove runs like a charm brother, first pellet I have ever had any problems with while it burned them they created such a Ash Dam it was pushing the flame forward and buggering up the glass in no time. These are non adjustable junk my man can get better heat outta rabbit turds I believe.

16. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Hey MWP are much better than they were in 2008, they were known as being dirt in a bag back then.

17. subsailor

subsailor

I can attest to that. They've come a long ways.

18. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

I never had the pleasure of burning the early mwp but nowadays they are a very respectable pellet

19. subsailor

subsailor

They weren't good. They went so far as to change the bags so people wouldn't associate the old pellets to the new ones.

20. bogieb

bogieb

Yep - MWP from TSC are hot and fairly clean burning.

Just make sure they are the MWP code and not something else. The code should be

TSC hardwood pellets code.jpg