In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's in the hopper?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by IHATEPROPANE, Oct 1, 2016.

1. dotman17

dotman17

My Bears I bought this year have been exceptional. Not every year is stellar but man getting a good pallet is sweet. Always good heat but the cleanup or lack thereof are a joy.

2. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Matras keeping the house toasty during this quick single digit chill.

bogieb, slvrblkk, gbreda and 2 others like this.
  3. Russell

Russell

I can't say enough good things about LA CRETE , at $ 6 a bag that's what I'll finish the season with .

Attached Files:

4. subsailor

subsailor

I like the Platinums better. Very similar pellet but they are longer and tend to burn slower than the tiny pieces of LaCrete.

5. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Put the sample Matra's in last night, they are excellent!!!

Had LaCrete in the hopper for a day or so as I'm just picking whatever is next in the pile BUT the Cleanfire Pacific's I have have a very high ash volume in this stove which is disappointing.

6. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Ambiance in both stoves currently during this cold snap, I am really liking these as I have before in the past but in the past they were a heck of a lot cheaper. Excellent heat and the ash is very light and actually gets pushed over the edge of the pot by new pellets being pushed into the burn pot. They create less ash than LaCrete's and Platinum's and generate more heat then both, I don't know what it is perhaps having burned firewood for so long that I enjoy burning hardwood pellets in my Harman's.

I would like to get a some of these to one of our Testers (SLV, JT ) to give them a calculated test to see how they perform , I have been burning them in the P43 all week and they have performed excellent and the ash output has been good. Just actually threw a bag of LaCrete's in the P43 so I could burn the Ambiance in the P68.

Hope all are well

7. bogieb

bogieb

Both my stoves love hardwoods (such as Cubix). Unfortunately those are usually too expensive for me, and way too far to travel for (except CL buys). I don't remember ever seeing Ambience around, but if I do, I'll give them a try.

8. tazz

tazz

So a quick update on the Woods and Sons I got that were terrible, apparently there was a mix up and the wrong pellets were sent to the Enfield dealer. The pellets they got were supposed to be horse bedding as they didn't meet the standards for burning. It appears several more people ran into this problem. Tony Wood has since talked to me at length and is taking care of this. As I said before I didn't have a problem with the first ton I got from them so I will be using them again. A big thanks to ttdberg for helping me out with this.

9. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

Ligs GS in the P61 for the past few days. They burn OK but MWPs are better.

10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Agreed, But only in ash content. MWP much less ash content. Heat is pretty close IMHO.

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Granulco swd mixed with approx 30% corn. Cheapest pellets around at the moment and producing better heat than the other mixed pellets I tried this year( Biopower swd & Energex blend).

12. bogieb

bogieb

Fireside Platinums (100% SW) are in the P43 - they are keepers and I'll be getting more if I can find them.

13. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Been running Platinums in the P68 all week but have got down to the bottom of all stacks of pellets so right now am burning Woods & Sons in the P68 now mixed with Platinum's after waking up to a funneled cold stove this morning. Still have the Ambiance in the P43 but only have 8 bags left . Will be running Matra's in both soon as I went down to Uxbridge and grabbed another ton.

Cash Larue, Russell, gbreda and 3 others like this.
  14. bogieb

bogieb

Lignetic Golds back in the hopper of the P43. These are the originals that I got off CL last winter - only have a couple of bags left so I might as well use them up. Figure with the warm air coming in, don't need the Fireside Platinums in the hopper (they are some of the hottest pellets I've run in the little stove).

Cash Larue, Russell, ttdberg and 5 others like this.
  15. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Just loaded up the hopper with Wood and Sons...

Cash Larue, Russell, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  16. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Burning the last of the Woods & Sons in the cellar stove and back to Matra's in the main stove , seems for whatever reason the W&S dont funnel in the P43 like the P68 so that is where I will finish them off. Not having to burn a lot of pellets with the warm weather but still keeping the house at a decent temp so we are comfortable.

17. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Or wifey? :D

Cash Larue, Russell and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  18. Tullytown

Tullytown

Almost 150 bags. 3tons of Doug Firs in the basement that havent touched due to the moderate weather this winter.

19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Chows(4 bags left) then back to the TSC MWP blend. I think theres a few of the TSC gs's mixed in. So I'll be sorting out those until the last runs.

I stacked the rest of the GS app's on top of the Sets. Gonna save those till next season.

Cash Larue, Russell, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  20. Russell

Russell

Riding the season out with LACRETE buying 15 bags at a time. With the mild weather a bag a day does the trick.