In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's a Cleveland Grand Teton?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by GHinNH, Sep 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GHinNH

GHinNH

Enerco which owns other brands like Mr Heater has these "Cleveland Iron Works" branded pellet stoves.

Sold it seems exclusively at TSC, problem is ...never heard of them...

I'm trying to find a small pellet stove for someone to heat one large unheated unfinished room. Might be used for 1-2-3 months,, then sit unused for an undetermined amount. So difficult to justify spending $$$ on it.

Craigslist is pretty much useless because people just have zero clue that their "great shape" $2K used stove is in reality a piece of crap that needs a total rebuild. (rant over)

So begs the question, does anyone have experience with these "Grand Teton" pellet stoves they would care to share? Unless something falls in my lap from CL, the Grand Teton Mini might be the next best option as long as they aren't a total POS...

Horkn, CleanFire and imacman like this.
  2. bogieb

bogieb

Does it matter that the hopper will only hold 18 pounds of pellets at a time (which they claimn is a "large capacity hopper")? IDK, just asking the question.

I've not heard of Cleveland Iron Works stoves either. If you have an ACE hardware store, you might look at a Castle Serenity (40 poiund hopper). Although I've no experience with that stove, I've heard a lot of people like it.

Horkn, jtakeman, CleanFire and 2 others like this.
  3. Rich250

Rich250

I'm with bogie here, better off spending 200 bucks more on the Serenity with a 40 lb hopper and great customer service plus parts are readily available

Horkn, jtakeman, CleanFire and 2 others like this.
  4. GHinNH

GHinNH

Hopper surprised me... like what is THAT?

All good points, I remeber looking at the Serenity some time ago and totally slipped my mind. Still holding out a bit of hope that CL comes through with something, but that only happens after you buy something else though. lol

5. imacman

imacman

Horkn, CleanFire and scajjr2 like this.
  6. bogieb

bogieb

Or the spring after home heating fuel prices have plummeted (like when I got my P43) - doesn't happen very often, that's for sure.

Horkn, CleanFire and imacman like this.
  7. GHinNH

GHinNH

Oddly enough, there are actually a lot more offering on facebook marketplace.

The good news;
    I found a Enviro Mini in what appears to be rough(ish) but operating condition, for $500 (or best offer) so I figured flash 4 shiny $100 bills, all they can say is no.

The bad news;
    It's a couple hours away in Mass and I have yet to hear back from the person selling it. Then there is the possibility of it being totally misrepresented and I don't really need to waste the time, gas, tolls and wear and tear to find out.

We already have one in the house that I bought for cheap and re-built years ago, so already have some spare parts on hand, plus it would greatly benefit logistics.
    I love that thing, it's built like a tank, and it is what we look for in a operating system with an updraft burn pot, large ash drawer and fully adjustable controls. So it would be ideal as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to the "best economy in history" a new stove is out of the equation so I hope it works out, but if not the search continues.

Horkn, Softwood, PelletHound and 5 others like this.
  8. imacman

imacman

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

9. CleanFire

CleanFire

I like your plan - I'd stick w/ what you know (the Enviro Mini) - that 18 lb hopper on the TSC stove will drive the owners "insane": they'll be filling it / cleaning it every 4-6 hrs. :loco: :crazy:

The Ecoteck & Ravelli stoves here w/ 35lb hoppers can barely run thru the night @ 1.6 lbs/hr - without refilling.

Horkn, bogieb, imacman and 1 other person like this.
  10. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

How novel an all night burn. You really expect that to be the case?

Horkn, jtakeman, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  11. CleanFire

CleanFire

Nah - usually woken up several times a night by the cat, the Cat Rules supreme here. :yes:

And topping off the pellet monster. Running out of pellets / stove going into "shutdown mode" here is an hour(s) long slugfest between shutdown / restart,

still trying to wrap my brain around the manufacture of a stove w/ such a small hopper. I read it's got "WiFi" though. :thumbs:

Horkn, imacman, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  12. GHinNH

GHinNH

Wellll.....

We're of to go look at a chinese Vogelzang 5570 for cheap.

23"x23"x44", 60lb hopper, similar to a PP130 in configuration but has draft control and can be run on manual, and has a smaller footprint.

Unlike the PP130 in the garage, which sucks because it is all automatic. I get it, and that's fine for some but I want at least some adaptability for burn characteristics of different pellets.

For the use intended it might just be good enough, and the price is right. I'll give a good once over for rusted out blowers or plenum, make sure the electronics work etc. everything else is minor.
    Can of paint, maybe some new gaskets, take it apart and oil things and all that jazz. Have ignitors on hand, bearings, gasket materiel since we already have 3 other stoves.

Horkn, imacman, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  13. GHinNH

GHinNH

Well been a minute, but the Vogelzang is in and running. The feller selling it had it sitting in a doorway and we ran it so I could see it work.

I brought it here and peeled all the covers off and looked brand new (but a little dusty) so I didn't need to do a thing other than cleaning and some surface rust around the bottom outside, followed by a fresh touch up paint job.

He said he only ran it a couple years and honestly I don't think he even did that. I took the access plates off the lower sides of the burn chamber and it was packed full of ash and it was apparent that I was the first person ever to take them off to clean them out.

If he ran it 2 years it sure wasn't a lot! The stainless burn pot hadn't even turned colors yet, and it's obvious the stove had not seen high temperatures ever.

It has a updraft burnpot which is great, and it has a damper on the intake air (but no feed trim) so at least I can tune it enough to suit different pellets burn characteristics. Can be run auto with a built in thermostat, or manual with 5 heat settings.

It's an average welded sheet steel "box store" quality, but it will do the job intended nicely for a long time to come. For $400 it was bargain.

14. imacman

imacman

What is this "clean them out" you speak of ????? Pellet stoves need to be cleaned to run correctly ???? :rofl: :lol:

Oh, and pics of the install, or it really didn't happen. :p

PelletHound, bogieb, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  15. Horkn

Horkn

Cleveland Grand Teton???

Sounds like something that you'd need to look up on the "urban dictionary".
    :rofl: :lol:

16. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

I believe you are thinking of a Cleveland Steamer!

imacman, Ohio, slvrblkk and 1 other person like this.
  17. Warner

Warner

Eewwwwwww!!!!

eatonpcat and Horkn like this.
  18. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

What’s the hopper capacity on that? Asking for Horkn :rofl: :lol:

bogieb, Ohio, eatonpcat and 1 other person like this.
  19. Horkn

Horkn

Let's see. A metric chit-ton?:rofl: :lol:

Rich250, eatonpcat and Barcroftb like this.
  20. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

This??? vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv :rofl: :lol:

poop.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.