In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What we already knew about firewood

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Chud, Nov 22, 2022.

  1. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,256
    Likes Received:
    54,067
    Location:
    NC
  2. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,556
    Likes Received:
    67,793
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    That was a good little read. If I didn’t have a rudimentary grasp on what Zen was, I’d just call it therapy.
     
  3. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,858
    Likes Received:
    121,432
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Very good read indeed. I will say this, if y’all get a chance to spend some time in the Finger Lakes region of NY state, take it. Absolutely beautiful place to be. My wife and I have been there many times and my daughter goes to college there.

    Now, about this bark up/bark down debate… :whistle:
     
  4. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,256
    Likes Received:
    54,067
    Location:
    NC
    Does it matter? I haven’t been here long enough to see a spirited debate on bark orientation. Which way dries faster?
    The size of my stacks doesn’t seem to do anything for my wife either. :rofl: :lol:
     
  5. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,858
    Likes Received:
    121,432
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    I’ll bet many moons ago it would have mattered with the ladies.

    And I don’t believe bark up or down would matter unless you were not top covering. I could see that bark somewhat shielding the good stuff a little bit vs. nothing there at all. You won’t see me giving it another thought though. :handshake: