Calling for a rainy cool couple days here so gonna do some inside work then deal with this pile. Figure by the time i am done hauling summer stuff out back to the garage i'll have room for 5/6 cord stacked in the carport.
Great firewood shed Loon. Looks like your maple trees have sploded... parts everywhere. Ash leaves here, not much else yet. Stay dry...
I see at least a couple pieces there that won't need splittin'. The Maples are really starting to drop leaves now. Looks like an orange, red, and yellow quilt on the ground.
The sliding window in the middle of it is the catsazz. The only splitting that needs to be done guys are the iffie elm on the left which will work great for the shoulder. Will post a few later Gas.Already got the blower out a couple times Dave.
Me n glass n chuckin' firewood... not a great combo. Take me about 6 chucks to zip one right thru the un-opened side... Yours sure is handy to the firebox tho. I think Jack's is too...
I don't bother with a blower.....they just blow back. I've been raking 'em up and loading the garden as mulch, or mowing 'em up into the gravel drive, where they eventually unappear. Only one Maple in the yard....the rest are in the woods. Been meaning to ask someone who has a lean to like that.........is there any problem with snow buildup under that main building eave on the leanto roof? One of these years, I'll be adding a leanto on each side of the pole barn.
Never had a problem with that dave and its on the prevailing wind side of house. Only problem was when i reroofed a few years ago we couldnt nail shingles underneath so ended up using a 18inch strip of rolled asphalt and heated it down. And as for the leaves, its just begun. But right now i just deal with the carport and eaves.
That's a real nice looking place you have Loon. I never tire of the pictures, especially pretty in the fall.
When I see all the leaves, I think garden compost I bet maple leaves would make great compost Just fill my bin with garden plants & mixed in leaves & grass clippings. (birch leaves) Nice Fall pictures
Ya its a hoot this time of year dave. Thanks Fan we like it. Not much else to do out here except cut wood and take pics. Thanks dave and give me 3 weeks and i'll send ya a train load for the garden. Not a big difference from the earlier pics but me and the big gal did put alot in today. Figure will still have room for 1 more cord.
How does your Pyr do riding on the quad? I am looking at getting a quad next spring. I ride my KLR every where but plopping the dog on the back of that really isn't an option...
Start em young dan. But then again i couldnt keep Murphy off them after. Emma will get on the back if she knows we are gonna go for a run in the fields but thats about the only time she likes getting aboard. Good luck when ya get yours eh.
7c here right now and the T5 is just sitting waiting for me to flick the Bic. Pretty much the same at your place? Mind you rotti if i wake up cold at 2am, that thing will be blazing!!