Since my work schedule is so crazy and don't have any down time we took a weekend to get away. Left Friday morning and headed to the mountains of PA. I think we're pretty close to Scotty. Love the place, middle of the woods and no phone service! Perfect place to unwind. I brought a saw to cut up some dead standing pine so we can have a fire. The sound of the creek is soothing and relaxing. I put the beer in the creek to keep it cold.
Headed down to that area myself on the 26th. Gonna spend a week with a really good friend just kicking back and doing a little fishing on the Loyalsock. Can't wait. Enjoy your stay there.
Nice pics Swags! Looks like a great place to relax. Enjoy your time my friend!! Nice!! I love going to Pa. We have a Cabin we go to at least once a year. We will be near Clarion Pa. the 19th through the 26th.
Swags, looks like a primo spot! You couldn't have gotten a better weather weekend! Keep them beers cold!
Love it. There is a lot to be said for being where there is no phone, a comfy spot and a nice campfire. Hope you have a good time and some sun. Don't let the skeeters carry you off!
I can see the local headlines Monday morning... "Fire hoarder cuts down hundreds of trees on cabin site" Perpetrator in custody, later quoted as saying "I just wanted a bigger campfire" then mumbled something about a dam@$ website was to blame...
Glad you're getting some time off. Creek noise is good, isn't it. My inlaws/outlaws and guests always love to visit here, 'cause my creek is year-round and the noise is soothing. Bonfire on the back deck with the creek and the neighbors spillways from their ponds flowing, adding to the background noise-- aahhh, relaxing stuff. edit- Lay off the " Jack-links" jerky! That first pic. looks like you're messin' wid Sasquatch!
More pics, the view from the lookout is amazing! And we had an awesome time at the cabin. Great time to unwind. I cut up a standing dead oak and it actually burned pretty good. Of course I cut and split way more than we needed but I was having fun with it. We had a fire in the cabin as it was chilly in the morning, it's a Quadra Fire LP stove but was a nice touch. And listened to a few records on the record player. I love these layed back getaways. We also found a sow bear with three cubs up in a tree eating wild cherries. Got to show the girls a bear up close. They loved it!
Looks like a great time there. I really need to get up to my camp too. It is so great to kick back out of cell phone range. Have a beer or three. Make a fire. Cut down a balsam or spruce just to get some brush to turn the camp fire into a big smokey brush fire. Do some shooting. Go fishing. Go swimming. Go for a walk and see what animals you can come across. Just relax.
Nice Swags! Looks like the old 026 got a good workout! I heard from a little birdie that the 460 is getting wrenched on Shouldn't be long now.