In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wednesday evening red oak

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Scotty Overkill, Apr 17, 2014.

  1. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,756
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Nice job there! Thats a great pile of splits you've got there.:thumbs:
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  2. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA

    thanks guys.....most of that pile is from the big oak job we did this past November......With the tree I added this week, there should be almost 10 cord (+ or -) of nothing but oak and a little sugar maple....more than I burned this entire winter! That pile is around 7 1/2' high by 12' wide by 30' long, roughly...

    I also have a heap of splits in the garden waiting to be stacked (around 4-5 cord) of white oak, cherry and Norway maple, and around 1-1 1/2 cord of white birch for summertime fires in the keyhole pit........

    I gotta get my shed done so I can get stacking!!!
     
  3. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    The was definitely a big one..

    Nice property he has.. Beautiful pics. :)

    X 100 on threading that needle. Skills my friend. You have skills.
     
  4. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    Thanks Dex......just finished up splitting a HEAP of wood. Now I'm caught up in the splitting department.

    I will say that the big birch tree I just split up was some of the STRINGIEST wood I've ever split:axe::mad:
    ......and I've split a CHITLOAD of wood in my day! ;)

    Time to light up the keyhole pit for an evening fire.....:MM:




    20140418_183110.jpg
     
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Bullseye drop Scotty! Still waiting to the helmet cam, lol:axe:
     
    Scotty Overkill and DexterDay like this.