In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Walk me through this 028WB fuel line rep.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by fuelrod, Oct 29, 2015.

  1. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    When you grab the throttle and its baaaww that means your L screw is wrong. Too rich or lean both can blog or cut out if I remember. You can generally feather it and get it reved up. Once spooled up your now on the H circuit.
     
    fuelrod likes this.
  2. cnice_37

    cnice_37

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,211
    Likes Received:
    14,236
    Location:
    SE Mass
    L adjusts your low (trigger out.). Once you get the saw started and idling nicely its in the ballpark. The fine tune of L is the trigger response, richen or lean it out to get a crisp response to WOT. A bog coming off idle could require a richer setting but not sure. Play with it an 1/8th turn at a time.

    H adjusts your high, basically the RPM at wide open throttle. Plenty of vids out there to set that guy way better than I could describe.
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  3. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Yea I bet your an 1/4-1/2 turn away. I bet your too lean also. I dont think it would idle very long too rich as the saw loads up on fuel and will bogg out at idle (without any trigger) if its too rich.
     
  4. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    How did it idle?
     
  5. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    We also can have a combination of maybe too rich and too high an idle screw that would compensate do it?
     
  6. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    I had a nice idle with the chain stopped, then after working the saw (cutting) it was completely different and I was unable to smooth it out. Today, while in the woods, I had to put it down before I threw it down! I had to pull the 044 off the tractor. I've gotta find some locally that will teach me the finer points of them 3 effin screws. DSCN7621.JPG
     
    unclefess and clemsonfor like this.
  7. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    Hughesnet is all we have here out in the *sticks, videos are not an option.
    *except there is a friggin fibre cable out along the road:headbang:
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  8. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Like out here there is no natural gas on tap but a freaking huge pipeline a few miles from the house that connects the city folk together to it!
     
    fuelrod likes this.
  9. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Hughes net is expensive but I think you can watch videos and stream off of it...heard upload is just slow?
     
  10. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    Our "bottom price level" service is like $65-70 a month. That's all I'm going to pony up for computer service. I got better stuff to do with my time, well FHC excluded of course!:D
    They do have bigger or faster or whatever they call it service, it's just more expensive than the value I place on it.
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  11. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I think our dsl is like $45 but its bottom tier high speed. I save all kinds of money with the internet on parts and we shop for almost everything and let someone deliver it to the house vs going to town and running all o her to maybe find it or not and wasting a half a day.