Ok, since several of you verified it as mulberry which is what I thought and was hoping after the first cut, here are some more pictures of my first mulberry score. As an added bonus it was a paying job !!! I’m gonna run out to the dump and grab a few small pieces to throw on the grill with my T-bone 357 had the call to duty today
Congrats! Always more fun scoring a wood youve never/rarely scrounge. Looks like that can be burned this coming Winter. Will you put it in the three year rotation or use ASAP?
Not sure yet, I’ll have to check the moisture as I split it. Also wanting to revamp my stacks/ storage area and have quite a bit of splitting to do. To many projects-not enough time. Lady that I did this for said she has a lot of wood cut up out at her ranch that nobody will come get, and lots that can be cut. Plus there’s 2 standing dead ash that need to come down pretty soon at the yard where this mulberry came from ( that could be the first paying job for the bucket truck, if we get it)
Sounds like a great lead. Im sure you lit up like a Christmas tree when she said that. Hopefully "close" to home for you.
Everywhere is close for Sandhillbilly . Been a while since I've score mulberry but have too much wood around Lefty's to deal with, and I've been failing at that. Good luck with the new truck.