In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Utility trailer question

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Yawner, Aug 16, 2019.

  1. Yawner

    Yawner

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2015
    Messages:
    2,128
    Likes Received:
    11,914
    Location:
    Louisiana
    I need a longer utility trailer than my 5x10. I would like to be able to carry a John Deere Gator and an ATV on same trailer, and also, if I get a tractor/bushhog, be able to haul that and that's like hauling two pieces of equipment. And what if I need to carry a toolbox or whatever, lol. So, I figure 20 ft, at least. At least 6 to 7 ft wide. Length of 20 ft seems to be about the max size I see. Is 20 ft some magic number, maximum length utility trailer? I would rather find a used one in good shape, but that's asking for a lot because I've looked at a bunch online over many months. I might have to just order the ideal, ultimate trailer (for me) for once and hope it lasts me rest of my life, they ain't cheap!
     
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  2. Will C

    Will C

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2015
    Messages:
    999
    Likes Received:
    4,987
    Location:
    New York
    16-18' are the most common sizes for tandem axle trailers, although 20' trailers are at there. I don't think I've seen any car hauler/utility trailers longer than 20. If you want longer than 20' you'll be looking at a veryheavy duty trailer.
    If you plan on hauling a tractor and bushog, you will want at least 18'-and that depends on the side of your tractor. My B series Kubota with a 54" cutter was 19' long. I've never measured my L with a 6' bush hog. I'm sure it is 24+ feet long.
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and brenndatomu like this.