In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

"Twas a good day in da woods

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by ole, Feb 27, 2018.

  1. ole

    ole

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2015
    Messages:
    2,154
    Likes Received:
    18,453
    Location:
    Rock County Wisconsin
    It was too hot to cut firewood today but I did anyway. We have some major rain coming.
    Started on those two black cherry from yesterday. Was lucky they did not barber chair they were really leaning.

    IMG_4687.jpeg IMG_4688.jpeg

    Then I moved to the small hick and dropped a dead red on the old corn picker. I had use two wedges to get it there. Didn’t want to drop it on the trail. It worked. Got 2 nice jags,,

    IMG_4689.jpeg
    IMG_4690.jpeg

    Then I found 4 dead reds all in a tight area. Two on the ground and two hung up. Got 55 rounds in these two rows.

    IMG_4691.jpeg

    IMG_4692.jpeg

    I never even got to dead red #4 I threw a chain and said screw it I am done. Don’t even know if #4 is any good did not cut in to find out.

    IMG_4693.jpeg
    it was a good day in the woods just hot,,
     
  2. ole

    ole

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2015
    Messages:
    2,154
    Likes Received:
    18,453
    Location:
    Rock County Wisconsin
    Last pic shows an invader in my woods. Japanese Knotweed. Had to google it. It’s only invaded so far right next to the county highway. It’s not anywhere else so far,,
     
    buZZsaw BRAD likes this.
  3. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,840
    Likes Received:
    114,713
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    I'm guessing the heart wood on #4 is still good. Worth sticking a saw into it.
     
    ole likes this.