In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

"Twas a good day in da woods

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by ole, Feb 27, 2018.

1. billb3

billb3

I got this close once. Never saw the fawn though and momma was grunting rather fiercely , so I left.
    Walking away from pizzed off mamas isn't such a bad thing to learn or possess the instinct.

eatonpcat, ole, theburtman and 2 others like this.
  2. ole

ole

We’ve had a very windy two days here. I walked my woods this morning knowing full well what I would find. Seems like I have to put a saw back together. A nice red oak fell over one of my ATV/hiking trails. Had a leafed out top.

IMG_3208.jpeg

Not too big I think I will use the Husky with the 16” bar. It will do the job. The stump was rotten.

IMG_3210.jpeg

I should get 35-40 rounds out of her before the top.

IMG_3209.jpeg

IMG_3211.jpeg

The work is never done when you own a woods. I do not look forward to running a saw in warm temps but oh well!

3. ole

ole

We had a high temp of 69 here today so I went after the red oak that fell over my ATV trail. Got 39 rounds out of her! Got the trailer full and 14 rounds to pick up tomorrow. It was pleasant working in da woods.

IMG_3214.jpeg IMG_3213.jpeg

I will split it with the hydro in the shed.

4. ole

ole

We’ve been spending a lot of time up at our cabin so not much work has been done in da woods. Our grandson was in our sole possession for three days. He gives me great joy. I needed to mow the cemetery across from our house today so I lit off my never ending continuous brush pile. Lot of sickly looking trees over there so I am constantly picking up stuff so I don’t destroy my zero turn.

IMG_3224.jpeg

It’s close to mow you can just see the roof of our home left center.