This went well today…….. with several wedges and the winch It wasn't a GIBIR situation, it was more like a Get It Before It Falls, on my camp!
That is a neat pic fuelrod Glad it went off w/out a ........hitch? Imagine if that were all above ground? Would make for some kind of interesting abstract art.....
Once it was down I was bucking it up thinking that 8" pieces stood up with a small fire built in the hollow part might be a cool little thing for evening event with an adult beverage or 3. About 4' up the hollow turned into stuff that looked like packed sawdust. I just junked it.
What little birch I get around here we like to keep the bark so the kids can heat it up in the firepit and watch it wrap around a poker stick. Then its like a cool torch. Sometime we just throw the bark in the fire pit and watch it curl up. Great stuff.