In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Triple Removal, Two Black Birch And A Cherry

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Scotty Overkill, Sep 22, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Nice job S.O., that Birch will make for some nice fires.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  2. NYCountry

    NYCountry

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,687
    Likes Received:
    11,979
    Location:
    Mohegan Lake NY
    Awesome job. Do you sell to the locals
     
  3. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Nope...I kept this batch!

    Matter of fact a couple chunks are going into the NZ3000 here in a little while, the top half was BONE DRY.....
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,504
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Your picture of the NZ burning almost got me to fire up last night....almost. I just set the thermostat on the boiler to 70º and said NAAA not yet. ;) Weather man says possible morning frost for tomorrow so I'll have the boiler on again tonight. Then we are heading back up again....ok with me.
     
  5. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    I refuse to use my gas furnaces.....
    The way I see it, this wood I'm burning now will make more room in the stacks for winter hoarding! :axe::tree::fire::rofl: :lol::thumbs:
     
  6. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,504
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I hear you brother, I like to run mine a bit early on just to make sure I have no glitches in the dead of winter. My insert will not do the whole house after we get into the mid teens. Now that may change with the upcoming attic insulation but I still like knowing my backup heat works well. It's only 3 years old and doesn't take much, gas hot water boiler.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Drvn4wood like this.