In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Trip to the beech

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Locust Post, Mar 21, 2016.

  1. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,514
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    That I can sure imagine, I cut one many years back when my brother in law and I were both burning smoke dragons, it kept us both in wood all winter and then some.
     
  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,552
    Likes Received:
    141,606
    Location:
    US
    :bug: That........is.......awesome!
     
  3. Redfin

    Redfin

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2015
    Messages:
    922
    Likes Received:
    4,269
    Location:
    central Pa
    This was the first crotch @ 18' off the base from a blow down. Base was over 50". All solid beautiful firewood.

     
    Backwoods Savage, Horkn and Eric VW like this.
  4. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,181
    Likes Received:
    166,511
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    Better than oak, sugar maple, and almost as good as hickory, btu wise. It seasons quickly too.