In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tree planting anyone?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by SD Steve, May 27, 2021.

1. John D

John D

Looking good and putting a tarp down first in the back of your truck is very smart

2. blacktail

blacktail

Purchased and planted: 2 apple, one Italian prune plum, one peach. The apples do well. The prune plum was planted 4 or 5 years ago and hasn't produced anything yet. The peach was planted in spring of 23 and it doesn't look good this year.
    My parents have a crimson maple that spawns more around the edge of their yard. I've saved 8 of those and planted them on my property. They range from 4ft to 20ft tall now. I also save firs and cedars that I find sprouting up around my property. Once they're big enough, I find a place for them in the woods out back. The biggest one now is a fir about 6ft tall.
    20240613_121050.jpg 20240614_082834.jpg

3. John D

John D

The last picture is
    Your Guard dog watching the plants or your best friend spending time with you

4. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

It’s a Christmas miracle. A squirrel finally planted a black walnut for me :faint: I collected a couple trash barrels full of walnuts last fall, and towards the end of the season I got sick of processing them and dumped out half a barrel about 30 feet away. This one popped up 15 feet from one I planted last year, so I’ll let it grow. I’m glad I was paying attention while pulling weeds today.
    IMG_3999.jpeg

5. blacktail

blacktail

If I'm planting trees, we're playing ball. If I'm working on a vehicle, we're playing ball. If I'm splitting wood, we're playing ball.