In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

tree id

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Well Seasoned, Nov 30, 2013.

  1. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Not sure, ash? Poor cell service where I'm at.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. stuckinthemuck

    stuckinthemuck

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,247
    Likes Received:
    15,345
    Location:
    Wandering around in the NH woods.
  3. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Firewood, cutable wood, getable wood, loadable wood and take me home wood.......GOT WOOD. Is it in the truck yet WS ?
     
    Well Seasoned and milleo like this.
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looking for ash for now
     
    Locust Post likes this.
  5. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    That does look like ash bark.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  6. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    I think Chestnut oak lots of it in my woods .
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  7. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I cut into it, its oak. I jut happened to be checking atv trails at my friends house, and it was all over the place. I will attack that area after hunting season. Its not going anywhere. Thx guys, I hadn't seen any of that kind of oak around my parts. I did cut some cherry today though!
     
    Backwoods Savage and milleo like this.
  8. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    I believe that this time of year you should find football-ish shaped acorns also.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  9. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,179
    Location:
    Central MI
    Too late for that around here. Acorns you find now will be round, as in red oak acorns. The whites go super fast with the deer and turkeys in competition for them. Then there are the squirrels and chipmunks who try to hide their share.
     
  10. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    There was all type of scat on the downed oak. Bear, Deer, Fox, raccoon, and jackalope.
     
    Paul bunion likes this.