In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Trail Work 2015

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Aug 29, 2015.

  1. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Do you pack that down at all or just let Mother Nature do it?
     
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I pack it down by running over it but it would be nice if it rained out.
     
  3. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    well that's what I was thinking a good rain would probably settle it down pretty good, we had a little rain today didn't do anything but make it more muggy
     
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    We're hurting for rain. The grass is turning brown. Hopefully with the storms Friday, well get a good soaking.
     
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Wow. Lookin great thewoodlands! You have done a good bit of work there. That will make a big difference.

    Don't work too long in this hot weather. A friend of mine got heat exhaustion not long ago before he knew it. He was under the weather before. Was working in the heat, got dehydrated, he guesses, and then got heat exhaustion. :faint: Yep. Almost lost all consciousness, close to out "cold". Into the hospital he had to go. :eek: At the time they were worried he was having a heart attack. Test showed no. Spent half the day in the hospital getting test, drinking fluids, and taking an IV of fluids. Then had to take some down time on doctors orders.
     
    papadave, Stinny and Well Seasoned like this.
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I skipped the trail work for a very hot tomato salad, I had tears coming down my face.............gotta love that chit!
     
    papadave, HDRock, Gasifier and 2 others like this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Did that salad come from Italy?
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Fresh from our garden, except the tears!
     
  9. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    What, don't want to get stuck out in the woods after a flame thrower lunch?

    Sounds like some good stuff!

    :stirpot: +:beerbbq: =:dremel:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    R U in 4 some heavy rain?
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I took the chipper back in the woods I cut on an did a few piles of storm/ice damage trees or branches.
     

    Attached Files:

  12. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    We had some heavy rain but the heavy stuff did not last long. Interesting though was what I found out today. Yesterday we got 1". Neighbor 1/4 mile north of us got 1 1/2". Neighbor 1 mile north got 1 3/4".
     
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It was a hot one but I did three loads of chips.
     

    Attached Files:

  14. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice work woodlands!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  15. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Yea, looks great! Your hard work pays off!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  16. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I hope it works, I do want pine needles over top the chips before it rains.

    I'll be doing some trail work for the wife tomorrow but I should have enough time for two loads of pine needles.
     
    Well Seasoned and papadave like this.
  17. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Nice work woody, happy trails to you :D
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  18. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I opened up two trails today, the first was easy and quick and the last included getting rid of some dead smaller pine.

    We had a lot of branches down so I grabbed the chipper, that three gallon igloo cooler works great.
     

    Attached Files:

  20. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice work........ how we're your temps today?
     
    HDRock likes this.