In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Topped Off Maple

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Oct 18, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This was the Maple that had the top broken off and hung up over the snowmobile trail on our property.

    Pic 0215 is the hung up part (1) that came down and the one that it damage on the way down, pic 0217 is the main trunk of the hung up Maple, I took a total of two loads out.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice work thewoodlands. That combination of the trailer and side by side is a nice set up for hauling the tools and wood. I like it.
     
    thewoodlands and Drvn4wood like this.
  3. bigbarf48

    bigbarf48

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    2,344
    Likes Received:
    4,702
    Location:
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Some pretty maple rounds :thumbs::axe:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Couple nice load of rounds out of that one.
    Pretty good looking wood !
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  5. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Good job Woody
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  6. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Great looking rounds and nice loads. Looks like great stuff to work with. Good work!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  7. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I was about to say the same thing, that was a real nice straight tree on the ground.
    Simple work for the expert treeman :)
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Thanks for the compliment but I'm not even close, back to some trail clearing tomorrow but I will grab a damaged Ironwood in that area.
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm thinking a Red Maple.