That I have my pistol training which will fulfill the criteria to get my carry permit. Plus, range time with my own piece. I also heard that there will be pizza!
What all do you have to do to get your permit there? Here in Indiana, its just a background check, some $ to the county, and some more $ to the state. No classes, test, or anything.
Sounds like a good time! Are you getting a carry piece eventually? Not that a Buckmark couldn't do the job...lol
In Iowa we have to have a permit to use handgun anywhere public, including hunting grounds and such, which are an option in the off season for target practice. Also, with coyote issues I wouldnt mind having the buckmark loaded as a quick grab.
Congratulations Grizz...The training is kind of fun. I took the Ohio course back in 2004 and have renewed it twice
You'll have fun and a better understanding of stuff with a hands on course. Just don't try to get competitive with the other shooters. Learn and familiarize yourself with the Buckmark first. Competition comes later. Good luck and have fun.
Congrats Grizz. Range time is fun, my son and I go on the regular and enjoy each other's company. It can be an expensive pass time/hobby unless you reload or have a good spot to get your rounds.