In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Today's work

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Horkn, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Yea, that works good!

Jack's on sale likely on cyber Monday! :yes:

Backwoods Savage and Horkn like this.
  2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

You might have to do what we do sometimes and that is put a plow on the Grizzly and clean some of the woods trails. On the 2wd, no doubt you'd need chains with the amount of snow you'll have to deal with. I remember when we had 2wd atv and after the snow got so deep or so hard we could not go much with it. Sometimes I would go and then break through a drift of something and get stuck. Not fun at all.

Attached Files:

J. Dirt, Horkn and Well Seasoned like this.
  3. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

I've got the plow on the grizzly, but unfortunately the trails aren't done. At least I can run the plow down into the field where I'll stack wood I'll likely be winching out at some point here. I'll throw the chains on for her. Half the fun is pulling her azz out when she gets stuck :thumbs:

Backwoods Savage and Horkn like this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I can just picture that!

5. Horkn

Horkn

Here's today's work.

I helped my next door neighbor out with a Norway pine that died, and blew over.

He bought a new ms 362c m tronic with a 16" b&c green safety chain this past summer. I brought over my 029super with 16" bar and yellow non safety stihl chain.

I had to noodle the bigger trunk pieces to make them manageable. This pic has a 5x8 trailer load already taken up to his house. That's his springer Cocoa.
    IMG_20161125_125623777.jpg
    He kept the drier smaller pieces, and I took the big noodled wet trunk pieces for next fall's shoulder season.

I got it cut flush to the ground as close as possible without getting the chain in the dirt.

That 362c is a nice saw. I could've swapped chains with my non safety chain to see if it would pull better. I think the saw needs more break in time too. From what i hear those m tronic saws need a few hours on them to really wake up.

I'll have to get the splitter over here to split the wood up, both his and my pile of wood.

I think the bigger thing is that his wife won't say anything to him about the dead tree on its side in the backyard when they have holiday company over.:thumbs:

I'll get a pic of the pile I have from this tree yet today. I think I've got a pic of the tree before I cut it up today as well, somewhere.