On Monday I spotted a nice log that someone dropped off in our local tree dump. I couldn't get to it until today. Not a huge haul, but not bad for a quick trip after work. I'm trying to figure out what the wood with the dark heart wood is. Its on the far right. The other two are Pine and Mulberry.
That crossed my mind but I haven't cut enough walnut to know. What I've cut I haven't messed much with branches as I was cutting poles and leaving the brush.
Thanks. Its been weird weather. We had a half inch of fresh snow on the ground this morning and then nothing by quitting time. Its a slop fest. My chaps are properly broke in.
I can honestly say that I havent cut Walnut (knowingly), so I'm even less informed. It was in the way of the pine, so it got cut too and then the "what the heck, why not" and threw it in the back. Its pretty dense and heavy, so it could be pretty good.
I'll post a better picture of the bark later if I think of it. I split a piece of the Pine and it ended up being 17.5 MC.
Also, it's warm enough that I think you would have smelled the walnut when you cut it, smells just like the husks.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure its not Walnut. The bark doesn't have ANY deep grooves to it. I'm not up on my Elm, so I cant say for sure it was that though.
It's because its too dry isn't it?! I sure wish someone would make a short video that would clear this up for us!
Yep, take it all. c/s/s it for a couple years (except the pine), then cook it in the stove. Btu's are us.
Why make a new video when the definitive and classic burning wet pine video has allready been made? (Except this one isn't exactly short.)