In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

To heat 870 Sq ft first floor.....

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by Mad Adder, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Mad Adder

Mad Adder

First floor is 870 Sq ft. Second floor is the same, yet we hate sleeping if it's too warm upstairs. We have a thick curtain we hang at the bottom of the steps to keep most heat downstairs. Looking at Jotul 3, Jotul 8, Jotul 600 and just saw an EPA model Century I need to research. Which model will we be happiest with? Am I right to worry about going too big?

2. Mad Adder

Mad Adder

This is the Century 2700 I'm trying to find more info on.

Attached Files:

3. Coaly

Coaly

The 3 is the size needed providing you have the right chimney for it. The smaller the stove, the more critical the chimney flue.
    If the 8 is too big, the 600 is far too large.
    You're not comparing apples and apples comparing a steel plate stove with the above. There is really no comparison.
    This thread would get more response if moved to the Modern EPA Forum.

4. Mad Adder

Mad Adder

Ended up with a perfect Jotul F600 for a smooth $400 and a second stove, which I sold for $100.

milleo likes this.
  5. milleo

milleo

The 600 may be to big but you can always build smaller fires....Congrats on the awesome purchase....