In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tire loosing air but no puncture or wall damage?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by don2222, Jan 25, 2018.

1. don2222

don2222

Hello
    The new valve cores did not fix the slow leak!
    Therefore:
    I decided to pull the wheels and get some tubes!
    The small wheels in the front comes off easily, but the large tires in the back due to the key way are stuck!
    So, I jacked the tractor and turned the large wheel until the key way faces up and sprayed the rust penetrant in there 2 or 3 times in 2 Days.
    Then using the rubber hammer just banged the tire off by whacking it on the inside!

Attached Files:

The Wood Wolverine likes this.
  2. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Tubes should fix ya right up.

don2222 likes this.
  3. don2222

don2222

Yes, I wiped off the rust penatrant, wire wheeled it and then used some CRC Dry Moly :)

Attached Files:

The Wood Wolverine likes this.
  4. JotulYokel

JotulYokel

I have a '95 Dodge/Cummins truck with many miles on it. I travel to the West Coast a lot, with heavy loads, and so always buy Michelin tires. A few years ago I was coming across I-40 and a good guy pulled up beside me right near Kingman, Ariz. and pointed to my left rear tire. I pulled off the road and sure enough it was low. I pulled into Kingman and found a small tire shop. He tested the tire and found that the tire was leaking THROUGH THE RUBBER. Schrader valve was good, bead-to-rim was good, no punctures, but many areas of the tire were leaking extremely tiny amounts of air. This tire had a lot of miles on it, but was still within tread specs. Neither he nor I could figure out why that happened. I bought a new tire from him, threw away the old one and went on my way.