In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tips/tricks for productivity

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by bulldozerjoe, May 4, 2019.

  1. bulldozerjoe

    bulldozerjoe

    Joined:
    May 3, 2019
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    214
    Location:
    west ny
    I’m a production man, when I set out to do something I want it done fast and efficient.. here’s some mods I done to my spliter over the years..
    1-welded a hook on the back side of the ram, every once in a while I’ll get a piece of wood stuck on the wedge.. not so much any more because I got a higher horse power motor.. but if it does happen I hook a chain to the hook and than around the wood. Than simply pull the ram back.. it pulls the wood off the wedge.
    2- welded a u bolt to the spliter so if I get a stringy piece of wood I just grab my hatchet and cut the wood with it.. instead of pulling it apart with my hands.
    3- welded angle iron on my hydraulic arm so on the wet frosty morning, when I’m loading the arm the chunks of wood arnt sliding off and i have to pick them up again..
    You guys got any tips.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Sandhillbilly

    Sandhillbilly

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2019
    Messages:
    4,261
    Likes Received:
    30,750
    Location:
    North central Nebraska
    Again, welcome!! I got no tips for you. Sounds like you’ve been at this game a lot longer than I have. And from the size of the piles in your pics I’ll probably be learning a thing or two from you.
     
    Horkn likes this.
  3. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,784
    Likes Received:
    215,187
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Sounds like you could give some tips to members here bulldozerjoe from the looks of your mound of splits, production is your thing.
     
    Sandhillbilly and Horkn like this.
  4. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,487
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Use a pickeroon too. That will help with less bending over.

    You're well on your way. :)

    Work smarter, not harder:thumbs: