In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tips on television and internet together please?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by wildwest, Jul 13, 2019.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Hi Hoarders,

I would like to watch a particular news channel. FireStick will play rerun snippets for free but I want live coverage, especially with the election coming up. It asks me to enter a code to my "provider" to get it live. I do not have a provider. From what I can tell I need to buy from DirectvNow ($93/mon) or Youtube ($50/mon) there has to be another way?

DaveGunter likes this.
  2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Sling is $20 a month. Using a friend or relative's provider login is free.

wildwest likes this.
  3. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

depends on the channel, do any other streaming service providers have the channel you want.

Maine just passed a law that the cable companies must offer their channels a-la-cart, meaning you don't have to sign up for a package that has a bazillion channels you don't use just to get the ones you want, you are supposed to be able to pick and choose only the channels you want...the cable companies are fighting it so it hasn't happened yet.

wildwest likes this.
  4. papadave

papadave

Which one?

wildwest likes this.
  5. billb3

billb3

If it is your local station they might have livestreaming
    If it is a national news network then they probably have a $5.99/month app which you'll have to find the directions to add an app as I haven't done it yet.

I just set up a firestick in one of my mom's TVs using my amazon account and she's already bought 3 months of PBS by mistake. I may have to turn on parental controls. LOL. I cancelled two months as she's not interested in any of their current content.

wildwest and papadave like this.
  6. papadave

papadave

ABC, NBC, and CBS all have an online news site, although ABC didn't like my ad blocker.

wildwest likes this.
  7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks :) I just ordered it a couple minutes ago and already streaming it.
    I'm afraid we do not have cable out here. So grateful a company put in an ISP tower line to sight near us, and I was on the waiting list, my spot reserved and now have it!
    You'd laugh at our channels, several PBS, and CBS on 3 digital channels plus a couple other networks when their broadcast makes it out here:rofl: :lol: I don't mind Rachel Ray but shes on 3 times a day different hours on the channels I get...... Same with disgusting Jerry Springer :hair:
    Thank you PapaDave, it was a different one than those you listed, I've been watching CBS national news on a Nebraska channel before WOF and pleased to have atleast that free on antenna.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    DaveGunter and papadave like this.