In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Time to fire her up

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jrider, Oct 15, 2019.

  1. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,101
    Likes Received:
    43,030
    Location:
    NJ
    Low in the 40's this morning as well as the next few days. Rain tomorrow with a high in the low 60's followed by a few days with highs in the upper 50's. House is bouncing between 64-68 which the wife does not like so tonight I will be firing up the OWB. In years past I've held off a little longer by having a fire in the fireplace but that ends up using more wood and doesn't heat the whole house. Once I light it, the fire will go into April.
     
    MFMc., buZZsaw BRAD, jo191145 and 7 others like this.
  2. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,654
    Likes Received:
    130,738
    Location:
    Vermont
    My stove is similar, once lit stays going..house is still 67 and suns out..