In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Thoughts and Prayers for those in need

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by MasterMech, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Long day tomorrow as campinspecter is definitely being released from the hospital. Actually could have gotten out this afternoon but it is too far to go home. The dogs are going to go wild when they see him. Going to be hard to keep the excitement down for them. I have a separator between front and back seats that should help.

2. bogieb

bogieb

Fantastic!

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

Isn't that amazing, less than a week in hospital post surgery. He must be pretty eager to leave. Those hounds better not jump all over him! Maybe they will sense/smell that he is injured, and go easy on him.

4. Chaz

Chaz

That's great news Woodwidow

I'm sure he'll be much more comfortable and happy at home.

5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

6. Gasifier

Gasifier

Reports that all 12 boys and coach rescued from caves! :thumbs:

7. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Well when God answers prayers, he does in a big way. We left Victoria, picked up the dogs who behaved really good with Allan and then headed home. The hospital had faxed our prescriptions to Campbell River so we could pick them up right away and not have to wait for them. We made it to Campbell River in time to have Allan's hearing aids looked at because one wasn't working properly then we went to pick up the prescriptions. Two had been filled and the third one not. There was a bit of a delay while they contacted the hospital in Victoria. It got sorted out so we went and fueled up the car and started on the last of the journey. It has been hot (for us) and sunny all day and it is getting to 6:00 PM. Still three or more hours driving to go as we have to stop every hour so Allan can walk. 25 km or 15 miles north of Campbell River, we come to a lineup as there has just been a fatal crash and the road is going to be closed for hours. No detours. If the prescription had been ready, we could have been involved. We turned around and went back to get a room. Bonus was the room was discounted as we were considered "local". So we are safe, not quite home but everyone is doing well.

8. Gasifier

Gasifier

Great to hear. Sleep in!

9. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Very good news. You folks take it easy, have a safe drive tomorrow and keep us posted. :yes:

10. B.Brown

B.Brown

A friend of mine, I've known for about 50+ yrs has pancreatic cancer. Found out 2 yrs ago, has had some really rough day's Dave is his name, he's a retired Timber Faller. Dave could really use some more Prayers. Please be Praying that i might get a chance to talk to him about God, and Dave's future. Thank you for this page.

11. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Very true... Glad to hear that your going to stop for rest. God is Good... Get some rest you two...

12. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Prayers going out to you and Dave...

13. Midwinter

Midwinter

You are so upbeat! I would have thought, if we weren't delayed at the pharmacy, we would've gotten past before it happened. Wise decision getting a room. They took dogs?

14. bogieb

bogieb

Thoughts and prayers sent

15. Midwinter

Midwinter

May you be a support and comfort to your friend Dave in his time of suffering.

16. B.Brown

B.Brown

Thanks everyone, i just received an email from his son, Dave had staples in his stomach and they were really bothering him. One day last week , some thing went really wrong and he was leaking from the inside out, his son rushed him to the hosp and they got it ''fixed''. Yesterday, Tues they removed the staples for good. Dave's feeling better his son just emailed me. Tomorrow, they go back to the Dr and see how much if any the cancer has grown. And, if things are better, they will give him some type of ''experimental medication'' to see if it will slow down, or turn the cancer around. Thanks again for the prayers, they are working, please continue.

17. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Yes they take dogs who got cookies when the dogs checked in. Usually it is just ground floor rooms and not that many are for pet owners but this place has every room available and we are on the fourth floor. The dogs don't get to ride in elevators that often.

Right now they are curled up on the bed beside campinspecter waiting for their breakfast.

18. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

19. Backwoods Savage

Prayers sent out.

And by the way, welcome to the forum.

savemoney, Beetle-Kill, Chaz and 4 others like this.
  20. Backwoods Savage

Woodwidow thank you for the updates and I hope you got home okay today. I'm sure home will be a welcome sight to Allan.