In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Thoughts and Prayers for those in need

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by MasterMech, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Locust Post

Locust Post

2. Locust Post

Locust Post

This is our prayers as well Eric VW and I am in agreement with you brother but I also have to say and not to be offensive but as we push out and remove him from everywhere he allows the blessing and hedge to slip I do believe. By no means do I think he caused it though.

3. GranpaJohn

GranpaJohn

Now that it comes up, and lest any become discouraged...
    ...I am rarely on the thread, but have fallen into a habit of certain regular prayers that are offered specifically for the intentions mentioned here. (I bet I'm not the only one either.) So keep posting, and remember that the replies that appear are just a portion of the prayer partners you receive.
    Be not afraid.

4. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

I'm just putting this here. I was on FB this morning and this pic came up as a "Memory" of something I posted in 2013. So I thought about this picture a bit and of course thought about FHC. This is a picture of our deceased Charlie's Woodstock Progress Hybrid and his to beautiful little Jack Russells, Benny and Wheatgrass.

I became "internet friends" with Charlie someplace else on the internet, but he told me about FHC, and I've been here ever since. Charlie lived with his wife on what looked to be a slice of heaven in a upstate NY farm with his wife, a few farm animals, and his two little buddies Benny and Wheatgrass. Charlie was as kind, helpful and fine gentleman as I can ever want to meet.

In 2012 I had retired from 42 years in the working world and was ready to eliminate my old Garrison 1 Smoke Dragon, and I had landed on a WS Fireview as the solution I liked the best. However, the cost of a new one had me hesitating at the time, as my finances hadn't quite settled in after retirement. So it turned out that Charlie had a Fireview and it just wasn't quite enough for his large antique farmhouse. We were talking about me buying his Fv so he could go to the next step up and get a Progress in 2013. It turned out that even though Charlie's 6 month, no questions asked return option with Woodstock on the Fv had since expired, the good folks and WS told Charlie we got you covered and gave him full refund against a new Progress Hybrid. I then made the call to Woodstock and immediately put a down payment on Charlie's Fv once it was refurbed, which it didn't need much given Charlie's gentle care of it.

So that was 2013. Unfortunately Charlie passed unexpectedly I think in 2014, I'm quite sure his lovely wife misses him everyday. I miss him out here in FHC land, and of course when I sit in my modest little place here in Ashby Massachusetts and I stare into that beautiful window of the Fireview and let the rolling flames and ghost flames relax me, I think of Charlie a lot. My daughter also has a Jack Russell, and just a few weeks ago I was out in Chicago with my wonderful wife where we stayed for 10 days and helped my daughter and husband as they had a beautiful baby boy. So this morning when FB showed me this memory, I just needed to share my warm thoughts of respect and my spiritual connection with such a fine man as Charlie. Many of you here also were lucky enough to know Charlie.

God bless him, and I hope he can read this somehow where he is today. Miss you buddy!
    Charlies Jack Russels.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I remember Charlie very well as he and I were friends too.

6. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Prayers being said schlot.

7. Locust Post

Locust Post

Prayers going up for unnamed......we're trusting the Good Lord as we need him around here still darn it.

8. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Gonna try and quit smoking for the hundredth time tomorrow - so send a few up for me will ya guys?

9. Locust Post

Locust Post

Time to start thinking of yourself as a former smoker.....Dear Lord take this burden away from this fine gentleman and clean and heal his body.

10. Well Seasoned

Thx, amen

11. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Drink lots of water, stay away from situations where you normally sit and have a smoke and get yourself a buddy to distract yourself through the craving moments. Maple will love the extra attention. Call on the one who gives us strength in all things through Christ.

12. Well Seasoned

Thanks

13. LogChain

LogChain

Hello Gang, LogChain here just asking for a prayer from everyone for my dad.Poor guys been down in Charlotte NC in the hospital for past 10 days.I can only get down there every other day to see him.And boy I sure miss him.Hoping he gets to come home for the holidays.Here he is with my mother last Christmas. momdad.jpg
    Thanks for reading,

LogChain

14. schlot

schlot

Godspeed in his recovery. May he gather strength from God's presence.

15. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Will add him to the prayer list.

16. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Prayers for my FHC family.

17. Locust Post

Locust Post

18. clay shooter

clay shooter

19. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Prayers sent LogChain and also a welcome to the forum.

Chvymn99 and Well Seasoned like this.
  20. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel