In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Thoughts and Prayers for those in need

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by MasterMech, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Prayer for Marge.

2. Midwinter

Midwinter

Prayers for Marge's arrival in Heaven, I'm sure she is already there.

3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Done. RIP dear lady.

4. Redneck

Redneck

X2

5. fishingpol

fishingpol

Sorry to hear this WeldrDave. She no doubt lead a great life.

6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Sending prayers for you dahmer

7. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

JESUS, please be with the family of Marge, cover them with YOUR COMFORT and PEACE. In YOUR NAME, AMEN

8. Locust Post

Locust Post

Prayers for WeldrDave and the family of Marge.

9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Update. Yesterday was fantastic! The first day of not wearing a neck brace since July 6!!!!!! What a relief!

I've been going without it indoors for a short time now but normally still wearing it outside the house. There have been just a couple times outdoors without it. A few days ago I took it off outside for about 20 minutes because I was sweating so much and believe me, it gets really uncomfortable when you start sweating and it does not take much to get you there. One other time I had removed it when going inside for dinner. When I left the house I actually forgot to put it on! Yes, I went back for it.

One thing I learned and it will probably be a problem this fall is that my neck now gets cold very fast and easy. I may take to wearing turtle neck shirts or a gaiter of some sort.

10. Locust Post

Locust Post

Make sure you get a red gaiter :rofl: :lol:

11. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Sorry to hear that WeldrDave ... Prayers for you and your family...

12. JoeinO

JoeinO

Prayers for those affected by the loss of Marge. John 14. Continue to pray for dahmer and the medical professionals.
    Give thanks for answered prayers for Dennis. Pray for his ongoing recovery. Praying for our country.

13. B.Brown

B.Brown

Please Pray for my friend, he wrote me a email the other day, said his legs were swelling, and his feet even worse!! Dave is his name, i worked with him for over 25yrs he's kind of rough, but, he has a soul and he's really hurting. He's diabetic and is suffering the consequences, he's miserable to say the least. He goes in this coming thursday to have surgery to connect 2 veins in his arm so they can begin dialyses . His kids have been helping him, but, he's in such bad shape he can't even get into the kitchen. He mentioned his son wants to take his pistol from him, i told him don't even think that, don't go there. Give it to GOD, and he's always there for you, no matter what. Talk to him, and be in Prayer with him. The next day he told me the swelling in his legs is / was going down, he seemed to be feeling a little better. And, in better spirits as well. So, PLEASE remember this guy in your Prayers, he needs them really bad. thank you .

14. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

JESUS, please touch Dave in a special way, let him know YOU LOVE HIM and want a personal relationship with him. Use his situation to bring him close to YOU. Give him comfort and strength through this ordeal. In YOUR PRECIOUS NAME...AMEN...
    I know first hand about this disease, watched my FIL loose a toe, a leg and then the other leg, he started dialysis 3 times a week. It was rough on him. He just went to sleep one time as they were doing it and was gone...
    He had heart disease as well.
    Miz Carol and I both are diabetic, but we both work on controlling it.

15. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Got a call yesterday, found out a long time friend has cancer in both kidneys and 2 spots on his spine. Known him 30 yrs. Gone hunting with him several times, he did the stone work around our woodstove, and the tile in the laundry room. Always been a hard worker and great Christian man. His name is Steve Nelson. His wife said it's terminal. GOD can heal though.

16. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

17. B.Brown

B.Brown

Jeff, sorry to hear about your friend, i'm really glad to hear he knows the Lord!! That's the main thing.

18. B.Brown

B.Brown

I'm sorry RICK is his name, Dave is his brothers name, i mistyped it i know both of them very well, but, God knows them better, both need Prayers. thank you i appreciate the Prayers.

19. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Meditation
    Even a cursory reading of the Bible shows that no one has ever been truly faithful to God. Everywhere you look you see people sinning, turning away from God and then crying out for mercy when they find themselves in trouble. God knew this would happen and, in his mercy, built a solemn and precious day into the Jewish calendar, the Day of Atonement. On this day, the high priest would make sacrificial offerings for himself and for all the people. Once these rituals were complete, all the sins of all the Jewish people would be ceremonially transferred to a goat, and the goat would be released into the wilderness.

But what about us? We continue to turn away from God, day in and day out, our sin mounting higher and higher until it becomes too large to ignore. What can we do? Is there some ritual or ceremony that can take our sins away? No, but we have a High Priest, Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, who lived a sinless life and died a sacrificial death, taking our sin upon himself and in exchange offering his righteousness to us. Because of him, and him only, we are forgiven, free, clean and able to live — for all eternity.

Prayer
    Loving Lord, I thank you that you sent your Son into this world to be my High Priest. Thank you for his sinless life that enabled him to make atonement for my sin and for the sins of the whole world. Thank you for his death, for the shedding of his blood that saves me and makes me holy in your sight. Help me now to enjoy the peace of knowing that my sins are removed from me through the sacrifice on the cross of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

Taken from Once a Day 40 Days to Easter

Moses said to Aaron, “Come to the altar and sacrifice your sin offering and your burnt offering and make atonement for yourself and the people; sacrifice the offering that is for the people and make atonement for them, as the Lord has commanded.”
    Leviticus 9:7 NIV

20. Midwinter

Midwinter

Praying for Rick and Steve, may God ease their suffering.