In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Thoughts and Prayers for those in need

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by MasterMech, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Is the pt something you can do a home? But doing pt is always a slow and steady. I take it this is for your arm?

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, Dad's wife is feeling much better today after only one night of meds :) She nicknamed her new cat "Cuddles". WTG Lady!!

3. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Glad to hear she is feeling better.

T.Jeff Veal, wildwest, JoeinO and 4 others like this.
  4. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Like cuddles!!

Backwoods Savage PT is a good thing to re train muscle you just need one that understands you..

T.Jeff Veal, wildwest, JoeinO and 5 others like this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

So far it is stupid. First thing that ticked me off is all the calls and emails to "help" get started. And of course, be there early. First, just a couple minutes early, then 10 minutes early. If you can fill in these forms via email ahead of time it will speed things up and you'll only have to be here 15 minutes early. And the last one was to call me to be sure I show up 30 minutes early. Right... Like I tell my wife. Be there early so you can sit around longer.

I did get there early but certainly not 30 minutes. It worked because I only had to wait 35 minutes. Then another 10 minutes later while the lady checked on another patient.

Then to get things started right I was presented with a list of appointment times for the next month. What??? This was for an evaluation. If it takes that long to evaluate, how long can you string out the treatment?

I'll go back again but probably not for long. On the good side though I was gifted 3 little pieces of foam to squeeze. I'm sure they are,t too expensive...

I'm sorry but for $300 per hour one should expect just a little more. I think I can treat this just as well as they can.4

6. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Apparently insurance companies will pay for any pt in the hopes that it cures or puts off further (more expensive) pay outs.
    And once the pt companies get you there...they want to keep you coming back...often...forever....or till your insurance no longer pays them...

7. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Dennis, you'll probably find that the given pt schedule is exactly the same amount of visits the insurance will allow...:picard:

8. Erik B

Erik B

If you are on Medicare there is a certain yearly dollar amount they provide but it also depends on the progress you are making. If you stop making progress, your PT stops as well.

9. JoeinO

JoeinO

Thankful for Dad's wife feeling better and her new cuddle kitty. Now for our friend Savage.
    Sir by no means am I an expert but don't you think ya should be more open and willing for PT?
    After all you waited a long time and now are past the surgery. Seems to me this could be a critical part of recovery!
    My prayer now is that you submit to the experts. Big concern is you may have some of me in ya.
    Stubborn thick headed mule, just sayin cuz I care.

10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thank you friend. And I agree with you about Backwoods Savage , guessing his wife knows it all too well, no doubt she'll help make it happen. You hear us Dennis?

11. Backwoods Savage

I'll probably go again next week. Sorry but I've just never had luck with the pt people and have gone there way too many times in my life.

My favorite story has to do with my wife. She had gone a few times but then I took her. Was there for an hour. Fellow greeted us and told my wife to do the very same exercises she was doing daily. We thought he'd come back to do something...and he did. Told her to continue with same and come back in 3 days.

Now this cost us $250 plus a 100 mile round trip. For what? Sorry but I do not think that is therapy and I will not stand for it.

Then they and many more like to quickly tell you that insurance will pay for it. :hair: Who pays the insurance and is that really all they want is the insurance money?

12. JCMC

JCMC

It is with a heavy heart that I post that my FIL (wood fairy) passed away yesterday.
    I called him my wood fairy because he always bringing firewood sometimes only a stick or two other times it was full loads.
    I remember one time he said we had to cleanup a tree for his friend it was a large Maple 7+full cords from that tree.
    Too many stories to post them all here but lots of good memories.
    He is the man that gave me my first pair of chaps. That is a story in itself!
    I will miss him RIP Phil.

JoeinO, Chazsbetterhalf, Chaz and 8 others like this.
  13. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Sorry to hear that JCMC .... Prayers for you and your family in this time of need...

JoeinO, Chazsbetterhalf, Chaz and 4 others like this.
  14. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

So sorry JCMC fo you and family. Great memories meeting you and your beautiful bride at Well Seasoned

15. JCMC

JCMC

Thanks CBVT wife is taking it pretty hard (she is the one and only). Hope to meet and talk to you again at another GTG.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  16. JCMC

JCMC

Thanks Chvymn99.

17. CoachSchaller

CoachSchaller

Prayers for the family JCMC

18. Backwoods Savage

RIP Phil. Prayers for famiy.

19. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Prayers for you and the family. Keep the memories in your heart and share them often so his descendants will know who he was.

20. Erik B

Erik B

JCMC Not the kind of message we like to hear. Sorry for your loss.