In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

This Buck is asking for trouble!!!

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Boog, Oct 25, 2013.

  1. Boog

    Boog

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    1,181
    Likes Received:
    2,600
    Location:
    Where my spirit is free
    Headed out back to cut today and saw a big Hemlock branch lying in the middle of my "road" where the backyard meets the woods. It had been snapped off at a point where it was as big as my thumb (not easy to do when green). Sure enough, I looked at the tree about 6' away and saw this:

    hemlock.jpg

    This buck is asking for trouble if he keeps this up!!! I planted this hemlock, now about 15' tall, when it was just a little whip, he's messing with my "baby". I normally would be looking to put his little brother or sister in the freezer, but if he keeps doing this I'm going to put him on ice!
     
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Take him out! :axe:
     
  3. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I would love to come "help" Boog!! LOL

    I wish you luck my friend. Big or small..
     
  4. Boog

    Boog

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    1,181
    Likes Received:
    2,600
    Location:
    Where my spirit is free
    You're certainly welcome to try, but you had better hurry, one of my friends is out back today with his "10 point" looking for him. Pretty sure I know where he is bed down. There is one patch of my woods just 150' from that hemlock where there are still about 20 tops in there on top of each other, with a jungle of new vegetation all around. That's where I'd be hiding during the day!
     
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    DexterDay likes this.
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    PICS! Or your making that chit up! :thumbs:
     
    Boog likes this.
  6. Boog

    Boog

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    1,181
    Likes Received:
    2,600
    Location:
    Where my spirit is free
    PICS of the tops in the "Jungle" ? How about these:

    wood1.jpg

    wood2.jpg

    wood3.jpg

    wood4.jpg

    wood5.jpg

    wood6.jpg


    Do these count, there is about a 2 acre area like this. These photos were taken last summer, so the dead leaves are mostly gone, but the "new vegetation" in there is 2-3x as much! The rest of my 25 acres is more "open" woods with a top downed just every "here and there". This gives you an idea of what I've been cleaning up the past year, selling face cords of "load/haul your own" rounds on Craigslist!

    firewood.2.jpg
     
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice! That is a nice supply. We also want pics of that deer when he is in someone's possession.!
     
    metalcuttr and DexterDay like this.