In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Thinking about doing something different

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, Jan 20, 2014.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Dennis, we have 2 Sharp Aquos. Both produce a fantastic picture. You will indeed watch it more if you receive HD. I now don't care to even watch it if it isn't a HD channel. For myself, I could care less about movies but do watch alot of the nature channels as well as sports and channels like Discovery, History and A&E ,as well as some of the News channels.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  2. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,285
    Likes Received:
    66,671
    Location:
    IN
    I have over the air and a 32" 720P Panasonic I bought about 8 years ago. If I were Dennis, I'd get a very low end HD TV as it will be a HUGE improvement over what he's got now.
     
    Certified106 likes this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I found a setting in the menu of our LED TV that made the picture much clearer, even though it's an older model (we got it at Wally's in '07).
    We got a 47" Phillips, and back then, it was almost $1700.00. You can get better TVs for less than 1/2 that now.
    Time for at least one shopping trip.
    Oh, and we haven't had a single problem with the TV in the 6.5 years we've had it.
    I'm gonna' go knock on wood.....:rofl: :lol:
     
    Certified106 and raybonz like this.
  4. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Whatever you get be sure to view it in the store at the viewing distance you will have it at in your house.

    Gary
     
    Scotty Overkill and Certified106 like this.
  5. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    We have a 40" Dynex (Best Buy) and a 70" Sharp Aquos HD Smart TV, the Dynex is in our bedroom and has a "decent" picture (720p), but that Aquos is a 1080p and has an AMAZING picture! I've never spent any money on a TV until the Aquos, but it was worth it. When I renovated the hearth room, I ran all the audio/video cables in the walls and had a custom oak cabinet built for the DVD/audio equipment, so the TV is mounted on a pivotal mount on the wall and we LOVE it. Also bought a soundbar for the time being (Klipsch Audio) until I get the surround system, man does that make it nice to watch a good movie!!

    Whatever you decide, take your time and shop around. We bought the Aquos last year on Superbowl weekend and got a GREAT deal on it, thats probably the best time of the year to buy a TV.
     
    Pallet Pete and papadave like this.