Yikes! The leaves are just now starting to turn where I live; most are still green. I am not sure it is going to be a pretty Autumn here.
it's peak in valleys mountains are past peak. pretty with reds and golds drive home yesterday was gorgeous! today wind is blowing pretty good leaves and pine needles are falling like rain!
Last couple days, that's been happening here too. Took a walk out back this am and the trees were raining leaves. Excellent news that you're able to get this worked out for Kimberly. Good man.
No stove for me; at least not for now. My friend isn't able to lift the stove and no help to be had. It will be November now before I can get the stove. I am feeling down. Even with all the help from everyone here I may not be burning wood to keep warm. I did split some more wood today and stack it but it may not be burning this winter. Sad face.
Did he come down yet? Or he coming another time? I've still got my old stove and a 4 foot piece of duravent stove pipe that I don't need
he called me last night and said he wasn't feeling well and would have to cancel on message. All I know.. I did not think it was a lifting issue.. store is a pedestal model have 3 2x6 and 5 pieces of iron pipe withe a ratchet strap around base would have rolled it. a red neck type conveyor belt.
I still think just having the stove shipped to me is the best answer. No one has do do any driving and meeting and such. What are some carriers that can ship a stove without wanting your next born in payment?
Gotta be some snow birds headin south about now...just gotta find somebody that wants to make a buck carrying a overweight hitchhiker for a bit... Found this too...somebody mentioned this earlier in the thread... Third Party Logistics (3PL) | Fastenal
I got the quote back, $150.00 to ship from Vt to me. The way it works is that CbVt would take the stove to a Fastenal store, they would ship it to me then I would go and pick it up at the Fastenal store closest to me; which was about 20 miles from me. I put in the dimensions of the stove but I am not sure about certain things such as pallet mounting etc. I guess at the origin zip, CbVt would need to provide his zip so they can locate the Fastenal store closest to him. Now, where can I find $150.00 LOL. You can either have the person at the origin pay for the shipping or the person at the receiving end pay.
AWESOME price!! I had a heavy winch shipped from Stinny Maine to me in Wyoming. He created a sturdy wood box for it. I felt bad he spent so much time and effort, but I think he knows how much we appreciate it Fastenal gave me the best shipping price. I was able to accept the quote online. We also had the option to pay at either destination or shipping store. I ended up sending him a check, and he paid at the shipping store when he dropped it off. Worked great! It might take some time to gather the funds for shipping, but $150 is a great price PS, the wood packaging (I might guess yours requires atleast a pallet) made the winch heavier, as your stove too. Woooo! Go Kimberly
I still got pallet Ideal Steel came on. I can package it no problem. buddy is shipping manager at Ben & Jerry's... same guy that helped me move IS trust me that's heavier..
Well I'm still in to help like I said before, how 'bout the rest of y'alls that pledged to help cover some expenses from before?
I measured an old pallet I had here, 38X40. So does that become the shipping size? I tried to call Fasternal but the office was closed.
spit snow all afternoon stairs got slushy 35 is now.. not cold til below 0 thirty is sweatshirt weather