In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The stove is clean!

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Pallet Pete, Oct 15, 2015.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    And now she wants me to run pellets... :headbang: :rofl: :lol:


    I got this little do dad rigged up today too works pretty good!

    received_1704663336429027.jpeg received_1704663623095665.jpeg
     
    ivanhoe, bogieb, savemoney and 8 others like this.
  2. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    No video of it running? :(
     
    ivanhoe, RyansCab50, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  3. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    So it really didn't happen? :rofl: :lol:
     
    ivanhoe, will711, imacman and 3 others like this.
  4. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I was busy getting soot blown back all over me :rofl: :lol: I forgot about the wind effect:whistle:
     
  5. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    It did for me but if a leaf blower blows and only one guy hears it did it really blow? Hmm..:D
     
    ivanhoe, imacman, bogieb and 7 others like this.
  6. smoke show

    smoke show

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,983
    Likes Received:
    13,948
    Location:
    Pittsfield, Wi
    That blows.
     
    ivanhoe, imacman, slvrblkk and 3 others like this.
  7. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,649
    Likes Received:
    144,595
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Pete, was it from the roof?
     
    ivanhoe, slvrblkk and Pallet Pete like this.
  8. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    No it was from the cleanout t outside the house. I will have to take a pic of it when its light out.
     
  9. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Are you blowing smoke?:rofl: :lol:
     
    ivanhoe, wildwest, imacman and 2 others like this.
  10. smoke show

    smoke show

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,983
    Likes Received:
    13,948
    Location:
    Pittsfield, Wi
    :smoke:
     
  11. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    You being in a tight neighborhood might have a problem with the leaf blower trick. If a neighbor sees that gosh awful black cloud, they just might call the fire dept. It is is windy and the the soot drifts over to a neighbor, they might get irritated.
    I don't like the soot getting all over every thing and me, so I tried running it with a leaf bag on it. works really well. cuts the black cloud way down. another thing is to run it after dark when no one can see the black cloud. I also have a remote start I plug into. That way I can stand way back when I turn the blower on. Don't even want to be breathing in any of that crap. I turn it on off a few times for only a couple minutes and I'm done.
     
  12. ivanhoe

    ivanhoe

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2013
    Messages:
    2,981
    Likes Received:
    11,869
    Location:
    Northern Ontario
    [​IMG]the after effect:headbang:, better you than me:cheers:
     
  13. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  14. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    The LBT is a great tool for a stove.

    Nice set up Pete!!

    The best way to get the most suction through the stove, is of you plug the top of the flue. This will help to unclog anything that is trapped in areas you can't get..
     
    eatonpcat and ivanhoe like this.