In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Issue The Official "Great Job Mods" Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by Grizzly Adam, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Yes, thank you all so much. It's nice to be involved with the start of something so special. There are still a lot of challenge s ahead and growing pains but lets try to remember that we are all in this together.

Scotty Overkill likes this.
  2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

That's what the preacher said ! What ya know he was right.

3. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Thanks to the memhers.

MasterMech and Scotty Overkill like this.
  4. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

So what kind of polish do you like? I also seem to end up with Sally Hansen.

5. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress

Honestly, I only know OPI because I had to get it for a friend as a gift. Of course, it was some stupid color only made for Sephora, that god awful store women seem to go crazy over. I ran in, asked the first employee I saw for exactly what she wanted - I don't even remember what the color was - paid and ran out before anyone could spray me with stink azz perfume, tell me hair products I just HAD to have or try to sell me some crap make-up. I left there and immediately went to Ace Hardware to get the girl store germs from Sephora off me :)

mattjm1017 likes this.
  6. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

I absolutely hate sephora!! Its a sink hole for my money!! My wife goes there and she can spend a couple hindred bucks on crap in no time. She hardly ever wore makeup before a couple years ago and she didnt need it either. Then something happened while I was gone one year I think she was influenced by a friend and now its all over. The worst part I think is that Ill get here a $50 gift certificate to that place and she ends up spending another 50-75. I know I should just get her a bigger gc right but the smaller one is a hint thats just not working. Ok I done and I prefer to get my nail polish from walmart people dont judge me there and its cheap.:p

Hearth Mistress likes this.
  7. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

Oh and since I think this thread is about thanking the mods- Thank you yall have done a great job in finding a place for all these crazy people to congregate on the internet.

8. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Walmart and Kmart are my go to.

mattjm1017 likes this.
  9. papadave

papadave

Well, I've said it already, but since this is the "official" thank you thread.......THANK YOU to Scotty and anyone who was involved with getting this site up and running.

10. charlie

charlie

I just want to say thanks for getting this site up and running.. Nice thing, I can almost feel there's no tension here.. Everyone knows how it was on the "other site". I'll take this and the people here any day! Hope it all stays laid back and enjoyable.. So far it's great.. Lots of nice forums on here as well.. Should do good...

Chvymn99 and Scotty Overkill like this.
  11. savemoney

savemoney

That "other place" could be condescending if you had your own opinion. One way or the highway, that's no way to have a forum. Plus, I think they read you PMs. Ugh! I am sure that at some point, the mods will have to step in when thing get too bumpy. Let's try not to give cause for that. I thank each and every one of them. It is amazing how quickly this all came together.

charlie and Scotty Overkill like this.
  12. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Listen, guys and gals...I've said it before and i'll say it again...
    This is a site for YOU, not for making MONEY.....It's amazing how some people act when you make "money" the key ingredient in the recipe....
    We all wanted a place to hang out WITHOUT the politics BS.....and lets be honest. No matter which side of the "fence" you sit on, politics can make a lot of people REALLY UGLY....myself included. So on here, we're going to do our best to keep that out of the mix. And I need each and every one of you guys' and gals' help on that task...

It was never my intent to make the "other" place mad or to get anyone in trouble, I hope you all know that. I got tired of having my beliefs/values looked DOWN on, I did my best to respect everyone over there and I feel that was not being done for me.....I value each and every one of your opinions, your posts, your pictures, and your input here....I REALLY MEAN THAT!! I've developed so many good friendships on the net in many different areas, and we all seem to carry the similar interests...well, we ALL got sick of the politics getting in the way of those friendships, that is why we started this site.

Always remember, THIS IS YOUR SITE. We may have got the engine running, but you guys are the drivers in this forum. So drive responsibly, be respectful AND courteous of ALL people that come in here (I don't want people bashing others for ANY reason, religion included), if you heed these simple rules this forum will grow and prosper.

We need to be respectful of the "other" site, too. There are lots and LOTS of good people over there. So please, do me and them a favor.....don't be bashing them and/or the members/moderators/administrator on here OR OVER THERE. Be respectful.....do it for all of us.....

Again, I am glad to have all of you join us, and I hope that you guys/gals can continue your membership over there, should you desire. We welcome ALL who want to join this fledgling forum with open arms......

13. Steve

Steve

[​IMG]

Excellent job gentlemen!

14. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

It's hard to follow that. :) Well said Scotty. This is your house. Keep it clean and polite.

smoke show and Scotty Overkill like this.
  15. smoke show

smoke show

yes thank you!

DexterDay and Scotty Overkill like this.