In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The OFFICIAL Firewood Hoarder's Club thread!!!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Scotty Overkill, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Josh Randall

Josh Randall

IMG_4186.jpeg IMG_4184.jpeg image.jpg This represents the near whole of my c/s/s hoard. Nearly all is from since Labor Day 2023, so not as dry as optimal, but that will be a shrinking problem as I will replace what I burn. Still plenty of fence rows to clean out and pasture to clear. Soon I will be burning 3-4 year old hedge. I stack shoulder wood according to when I will burn it… ash and hackberry on the “next year” stack, locust on the “in two years” stack, oak and persimmon start the ” in three years” stack.

Attached Files:

2. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Outstanding!! You’ve been busy. :yes:

3. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac

I'm not cured yet, but I'm almost "on the wagon". As a former (10 to 15 cord = BTU possesor), I've seen the light through a lot of self reflection and soul searching. I haven't attended any Wood Hoarder Anonymous meetings yet.

In my current state (1 to 3 cord = social hoarder), the meetings may be next. One day I woke up, looked in the mirror, and it hit me, it was time to move from the outdoor boiler to my Blaze King 40. Doing so allowed me to regain some of my self worth and dignity, spending much of this last summer sipping cold ones and road tripping in place of that burning desire to yank the rope on the chainsaw. I've replaced the exhilarating feeling of the flying sawdust with the comfort of sipping a cold one.

I'm not saying I'm out of the woods yet, no pun intended, but I just want to say, it's never too late. Small wood piles are not for everyone.

Remember, if you feel like you can't stop gazing out the window to size up your woodpile or you're losing control, call the helpline, someone is waiting to talk to you.

4. Dunmyer mowing llc

Dunmyer mowing llc

IMG_20240810_144724.jpg IMG_20240810_144732.jpg IMG_20240811_100115.jpg Been a while since I've been on.
    Lifes been busy.
    Finally starting to work on wood again
    Definitely got enough for this year.
    Got a lot to process at the house.
    Been getting a lot of pine and cottonwood recently which is fine with me cause it's free.
    I think this winter I'm gonna add some support jacks under my floor joists where the stove sits and really try to get a bunch of thermal mass added to the stove

5. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Youve been mowing down trees from the looks of it! Sweet hoard of wood there.

brenndatomu and Eric VW like this.
  6. Dunmyer mowing llc

Dunmyer mowing llc

Decided for family reasons to give up the business. Time with my kids was down to 0
    Took a leadership position at the company I used to work for. We do some trees there. We sell firewood so bossman keeps the good wood but saves the soft unsellable woods for me.
    The cottonwood and pine is from work

7. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Smart move. Self employment is great but you don't realize the behind the scenes hours you put in.

Hoard on and cut safe.

8. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Heck yeah man, you can't put a price tag on the limited time you have with your kids as they're growing up. Smart move and good to have you back :handshake:

9. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Time with your kids is priceless. Family comes first. All else matters none without family, IMO.

Nice stash of wood.for sure, regardless of species. If you can use it, thats all that matters.

10. Dunmyer mowing llc

Dunmyer mowing llc

Thanks guys was a hard choice. Hurt my pride to give it up. But I couldn't look at my boys sad face every Saturday and Sunday as I rolled out for work. Him knowing I wouldn't spend anytime with him again

11. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Those years fly by, friend. Savor every second of it.

12. Dunmyer mowing llc

Dunmyer mowing llc

Split some today.
    Osage orange, maple, birch, bald cedar I think, pine and cottonwood IMG_20240817_193641.jpg IMG_20240817_180835.jpg